• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dteks's 35 dollar 12v Pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Turd Furguson

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=140

Detailed Description

This is a pre-order of the black anodized D-Tek badged version of this pump. Pictures will be available when the stock is received.

The CSP750 is the first brushless DC pump designed to address the specific needs of PC liquid cooling systems. High flow rate, compact size, easy installation, attractive polished anodized case, with the ability to use your computers existing 12V DC power source makes the CSP750 a must for anyone considering liquid cooling.

Compact Size:
The CSP750 dimensions are approx 2” x 2” x 2" when compared to a typical 110V pumps the CSP750 uses considerably less space, leaving room in your case for additional components.

High Flow:
The CSP750 flow rates typically exceed those found in 110V pumps. This is accomplished by direct mounting of a large impeller, specifically designed to provide maximum flow under the low restriction conditions found in most PC installations, to a powerful brushless DC motor. A comparison of the CSP750?s impeller that of a typical 110V pump clearly shows the reasons for the CSP750?s exceptional performance

Adjustable Outlet:
The CSP750 pump housing is seal to the motor unit via an large reusable O-ring. This permits the outlet to be moved to any of four positions, allowing for adjustment to the pump, instead of your plumbing, simplifying installation.

Multi Unit:
Do to the small size and low power consumption (3-6W) of the the CSP750, multi unit install is possible. When liquid cooling graphic cards and or chip sets this provides an advantage by isolating the flow path ensuring zero thermo transfer from the CPU. As an additional benefit the flow across the CPU will also increase (see user guide for more multi unit install information).

Long life:
Within the sealed motor compartment is a powerful brushless DC motor rated for 50,000 hours of continuous operation (15 years typical use, 5.7 years 24/7). Because the motor is brushless and shaft mounted to high quality ball bearings there is minimal noise, vibration, and power use (3-6W).

Last edited:
just checked the web site it says 120 gph with 3/8 id tubing but does not say what the head is

"This is accomplished by direct mounting of a large impeller, specifically designed to provide maximum flow under the low restriction conditions found in most PC installations, to a powerful brushless DC motor."

i'd say not much.

it has lower head but 2 in series have good head from what i have been reading. the coompany website posts a pic that is intentionaly missleading when they demonstraight it vs another pump though

Man, if only they were plastic/brass/copper...almost anything but aluminum. I think they missed the mark widely on that.
And yes, to me, it's a very very BIG DEAL.

Two in series are about a MCP600, two in parrallel are about an eheim 1250.

I'm not very impressed tbh.

I have one and it seems to work well , I just got it in with some clearflex, changed from vinyl ,a chevette HC w/120mm alum Evercool @2200rpm and a maze4. 34.2C while online and 40C after an hour of UT2004 ,room temp 78F. Not the best temps with a Barton 2500@2300mhz 1.7 Volts. It will do for now as I can always add another one.

Yep, battery effect corrosion=eeww.

Even snazy type II anodizing isn't impervious, so it would require an additive that I will not use.

are you saying that the water that touches the copper and then touched aluminum will cause corrosion? i thought it was just when copper and aluminum touched under damp conditions.

No, the water will transfer it. They don't need to touch.

I'm not running any additives currently. I have an all copper/brass/plastic system. Maybe I should, but it's working alright for me right now.

oh well, yeah if it wasnt aluminium then it would last a long time and wont bleed into the line and clog it up

JDizzle said:
So you don't use any additives at all in your water?

No, I don't. But I don't recommend that to everyone.
I've been running this system for well over a year now. I used to run alcohol mix for a year, so it's quite well sterilized.
I also distilled the water I use, so I know where it's been. I know the quality control that was used in making it. You can't say that for off the shelf stuff. It's not exactly medical grade distilled water, ya know?..they could wash their feet in the stuff and still pass the loose Gov't regulations.

There's no metal save for copper and brass in my system. Even the pump has a ceramic shaft in it. I built the rest, and sterilized it as I installed it.
Know the enemy, and prepare. ;)

Back