• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case for my components.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mribnik

For my birthday I will be recieving a DD TDX cpu block, fedco 2-342 heatercore, criticool waterplant 6" reservoir and a mcp600 pump. Could you recommend a case that will be able to fit all this stuff? I know the heatercore might make it tough. I was looking at the CM stacker because it's new and supposedly will support BTX (though i've heard conflicting reports) and others. I'm willing to spend roughly $200. I've looked at the mountain mods cubes and if there aren't any great cases to fit my setup for less than $200 would the extra $100 or so for the cube be worth it?

Anyways, thanks in advance for any information you provide and thanks for all the previous threads you guys have contributed to, to help me pick out my watercooling parts.

You could check out my case compilation thread in the H2O sticky section for some ideas for possible cases.

The Fedco is a dual 120 radiator correct? If so, a Chenbro Genie or full tower with room above the PSU to do a dual 120 punch would be in your interests I think.

I did check out your case compilation thread which was very helpful. With the 6" reservoir and heatercore though, I wanted to see if anybody had any suggestions. I really like the CM stacker and it got some pretty good reviews. I'm not sure about where to fit my components though. Any other case suggestions, in that price range or a little more, would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

The CM Stacker does look like a nice case. I was thinking that you could possibly put the heatercore behind the lower 5.25" bays in the front. You'd be using the original 120mm fans and those bays as an elongated duct. Not fully satisfactory though, but at least it requires no sawing.

In my CoolerMaster case with the similar setup of having drive bays from top to bottom in one piece I just sawed away the lower ones (4 3.5" total)- provided enough room for a Chevette/DTEK core.

After looking at the CM stacker, what would you think about moving the psu to the bottom psu slot and putting the heatercore up there? I wouldn't mind doing a double 120mm punch in the top if I planned it out correctly. Then I was thinking I could put the reservoir in the area meant for that crossflow fan. What do you think of that?

what other cases have plenty of room above the psu to put the heatercore?

I have thought about it a little bit, but mainly as a last resort. I have to buy a case anyways and don't mind spending $200 so if I can find one that will hold all my components, that would be great.

I might look at the PC-75 which can be had for $200 without shipping.
I also found the AMS CF-1009 which has room above the power supply. The ams can be had for $165 which doesn't seem like a good deal compared to the stacker which will support btx, has the dual psu option, looks cooler and has better cooling for $155.

So does anybody have any other case suggestions? Do you think I'll have any problems with a double 120mm punch in the top of the cm stacker for my heatercore? Any more information would be great! Thanks to everybody who has already contributed to this thread!!

I'm leaning towards the pc-75. It has plenty of room above the power supply to mount the heatercore, looks nice, and has good reviews. Only one question though: where would be a good place to put the reservoir?

The PC-75 can be found here for $185.00 + shipping.
This site appears to have the best prices for Lian Li cases and the shipping charges are pretty decent too.
I should be getting my LIAN-LI PC-73SLB tomorrow from these guys.
The only drawback is they're kind of slow. It took a week before my order shipped out.

------

I think the PC-V2000 might be a little more than I want to spend at this point. I also like the look of the pc-75 better. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Despotes, thanks for the link to the site. I also found the pc-75 for $185 at excaliberpc.com.

http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?cPath=578_579&products_id=3165

Excaliber's shipping was only $15.00 though, while it was like 31.00 for ups ground at pcgate. You might want to look at excaliber before you buy it.

Where would you recommend I put my reservoir?

oops, sorry, misread your post. I thought it said you were going to order it tomorrow. Enjoy your case!

You must be out on the left coast somewhere. PC Gate is in New Jersey and shipping to Maine was only $13.82
I'm not familiar with your res. I'll have to check into it later. I'm off to bed. 3 am comes too early...

Back