• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help With First Water System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ForeverUnknown

Registered
hey guys i'm been reading around your forum today, and you guys seem very knowledgeable with water cooling. That's why i'm posting here.

i'm thinking of buying:
D-Tek WhiteWater Cpu Block
D-Tek Northbridge Cooler (Does this work with the P4 boards that have the metal loops?)
DangerDen Ice Micro II Radiator
Swiftech MCP600 Pump

Are those good choices for parts? i've also been looking at the swiftech blocks and the dangerden blocks, but i'm not sure. My current comp specs are in my sig. ok thanks guys

with all the respect I can muster, you need to do more reading. If you read more of the stickies/posts you'll realize that a northbridge block is not necessary and can hurt performance, and that Black Ice radiators pale in comparisson to heater cores from cars.

If you're running an 865/875 a NB block may not be a bad idea from how hot people say they run. Your radiator you've chosen would be adequate but if you have the room I would suggest a heater core as well.

if you are having trouble with nb heat, lapping the heatsink on it will probably help you more than anything. even without a fan, i bet the c/w is half that of the cooler with the stock thermal interface.

Got any articles showing that? I'd be interested in reading them.

Half the C/W just by lapping is pushing it but lapping plus a different TIM, maybe. Especially those hard thermal pads that don't melt.

Back