• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

External Housing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer36

External Housing & Pump Question

Hey guys if you have not noticed im new to the forums, but what would you guys recomend for a external housing for my Hydor L30 and my BI Pro. I was look at making it out of plexiglass but i hear its hard to cut and it costs lots of $.

-Archer

Last edited:
Yea i saw that very nice, i have a old micro ATX emachines case i could use, but i have a large full desk at home and my case only has 3-4mm space between the side pannels. So i was looking at somthing i could put on top of the case so that if it leaked it would not damage the compuer.

acrylic is a good option, but working with it can be a pain in the tail if you dont have the right tools (plastic bits for drills and special glues and scoring tools, etc.). If you want to go very "home made" you could just put that stuff in a big bowl and set it on top :)

Hmm..will the micro case not fit on top of your current one? Do you have to skills/tools to mod cases/cut metal? If you do I'd say use the micro case, as it will already be primed for ventilation.

Yea ill look at it when i get home im at my cottage right now, but to my knowledge its some thin Aluminium. I could hack saw it but otherwise i just have a jig saw. If that does not work i know where i could get it cut down.

Back