• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggest Me Some Small Heater Cores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daniel_dynasty

Hey guys im looking for a small, affordable, and good performace to size ratio radiator. i kno theres the chevette heater core but is there any other types of cores that are around 6-7 inches for height and length? links to any type of site is welcomed. ebay n stuff is fine too

Raider84 said:
uh the 86 chevette heatercore that everyone uses is about 7 inches tall by 6 inches wide. Get that!

1981-86 Chevy Chevette with a 1.8 4 cylinder with ac
that one is about 6-1/4" X 6" X 2" -- every now & then, you will come across one that is closer to 6-1/8 X 6" X 2" - those are the core dimensions without the tanks - add about an inch for those.

69-77 bronco without ac
6" X 6" X 2" core
more of a pain to modify than the chevette core by a decent margin as it has one factory tube that enters thru the side of the top tank but it can fit into a slightly smaller space.

Yea, I just bought a Scratch & Dent JR120 for $24 (with barbs). I't probably the only HC that will fit in the front of my case.

Back