• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

start a plan- aluminum or copper water block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

laktech

Hello,

I'm new here and I'm designing my summer project. I'm just starting to figure everything out, so I should be posting more frequently here. Tonight, I'd like to ask some of the more experienced users whether I should invest in a copper or aluminum water block?

I'd like to reduce corrosion so I'm leaning towards doing an entire copper setup. Any recommended copper blocks?

Thanks,
Lak

welcome to the forums.
are you talking about watercooling? this is the wrong section ("extreme cooling" is stuff like thermoelectric and phase-change cooling), but i can answer. unless you plan on making a block yourself, you're gonna end up with a copper block, and you dont need to worry about corrosion, if you use distilled water and some additive you wont have any problems with that. most copper blocks have some kinda coating on them anyway. Dangerden.com has good blocks

Back