• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

keeping bubble out the res

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frostmeister

Haven't posted for ages, but I've included a pic of my reservoir. I cut a peice of acrylic/perspex tube to about 300mm long, it's about 80mm diameter. Then used plastic weld on the bottom to seal it to a peice of square polycarbonate, which has a 30mm (approx) hole in for the inlet of my eheim 1250. I've mounted the inlet to the res off centre to create a vortex in the water. Although it looks like the pump is in danger of sucking in air, it's the quietest res / watercooling setup I've ever made. I'm using a Saab 900 heatercore (10 x 8 x 1.5inches) with half inch bog standard pvc tubing, which I wrapped thick copper wire round to prevent kinking. I've also made a pump control box (you can see the red power light through the top of an old prototype res) with a bypass switch - handy for initial bleeding. The res does have duck tape round the top, and the top plate is sealed with blu-tac for easy removal, but it works. Temps are 34C right now - barton 2500, (1.65vcore, 200fsb) and that's with two enermax adjustable 120mm fans on slowest speed cooling the rad...

PS the eagle eyed among you may have noticed the lack of picture. This is as my ISP (BT) thought it'd be good not to give their 1mb broadband customers webspace or even e-mail as standard. :cry:

PPS Just thought I'd add : I'm getting a colchester student roundnose. That's not a facial deformation btw, it's a lathe, and a nice one too. Proper big - no taig or sherline faffy job, a proper big 700Kg chunk of cast iron spinny roundy goodness. I'll also be getting a vertical table and or rotary table for milling on it as well... Should be up to some decent quality blocks then :clap:

Back