• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quigsby

Hey folks,

If you use a CPU Block like the Maze4 (or the like) to cool your CPU, what do you use to cool the RAM? Do RAMsinks do? Or do you go for custommade/alternative GPU waterblocks? (Or, just go without?)

Thanks.

the GPU is the core on the video card and u use a GPU block for that...for the ram on the video card u can use tweakmonster ramsinks with alumina

most cpu blocks like maze 4s are too big to clear components, I supose thats depending on the card, but yeah, you can still use ramsinks if they fit.

Jon

Or you can buy a waterblock that will cool your GPU and your RAM like these:

Aqua Computer AquagrATIx>>>
agati_blau_500.jpg

Innovetek>>>

CoolmaticATi.bmp

MOst cards on the market today have their ram running at close to max speed anyway. There isnt much room for ram overclocking IMO. Also it is nowadays the CPU that cant do the GPU justice. Since GeForce3 mainstream CPUs (and their respective FSBs and chipsets) have not been able to supply modern GPUs with enough
SenC.

we dont use the actual maze4 cpu block on out cards. theres a maze4 made for the GPU. as for the ram and mosfets, i use my own custom ram sinks ;)

Back