• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

chevette heater cores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El-Scotto

anyone know where i can purchase one onlin, i went o my local autozone and they guy just gave me a blank stare and was no help at all, ill continue looking around but if there is a good place online that anyone can recomend that would be great!!!

It depends how much you're willing to spend. Have you checked ebay? They usually carry most things. Next a wanted thread goes in the wanted section. Good luck with your search.

I was able to get mine at a Discount Auto Parts which is the same as Auto Zone, you just have to find a decent saleperson. None of them around here ever have it in stock so they have to order it which usually runs me about $30.00 total for the sale. Considering a D-Tek with removable barbs is only $45.00 I just started going there.

Also at D-Tek they sell "scratch and dent" cores that have some bent fins and/or minor paint damage for very cheap. I've picked up a couple that way and have been very impressed with the condition. You will find it under the clearance link on their page.

i have no idea how this thread ended up in the classified section, shouldve been under Watercooling.... :confused:
either way thanks for some advice :)

El-Scotto said:
i have no idea how this thread ended up in the classified section, shouldve been under Watercooling.... :confused:
either way thanks for some advice :)

Well, now it is. ;)

It could have gone into Cyber Deals too, for that matter.

B.

lol, I bet you told them what you wanted to do with it didnt you?;)

just go in and ask for a '87 chevette heatercore w/ A/C I beleve it is, someone correct me if its w/o A/C

Jon

thanks mr b, it was late when i posted this:p

do any online places other than ebay sell these??? i dont really like ebay :p

order from autozone PN# 399069 or you can try to go there and just give them the part #. I got my for 17.99 and it pretty good shape. a little green stuff on the connectors from sitting so long but nothing a little brasso wont fix.

ok went into that autozone again and gave them that info from the post above and the vendor is out of stock....*sigh*
should i give up on the chevette and just go with a rad or two?

D-Tek cores are "chevette heatercores" indeed and they come painted in their "pro" variant.
One thin layer of black paint can help. Try to find thermal conductive paint. Hint: this is the kind of paint used on car engines / brake calipers.

D-tek pro cores are actually some ford core, and only paint the outsides, not the fins, mask over them.

Jon

Dteks will give you similar performace to a chevette core. Only thing i can think of thats differnt is the dtek is a little smaller, and is $40 or so with a shroud. I was going to get a scratch and dent dtek, but there were all out so i went shopping for a chevette, I am happy with it. You can try going to www.autozone.com or try napa

went to autozone.com and put in the part number and it says its in syock until you try and check out, then it says it isnt :p

hmmm, well go to napas site and do a non napa part number search on the number you gave me (399069) and it will come up with two results....sorry for all these noob questions :p
ill see if there is any way to fix those links

*edit*
hmmm is the whole site down? im getting errors every where on it
*edit#2*
well the site seems to be back up and the links should work now

Last edited:
Back