• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sony have gone "liquid cooled"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stryder2720

Sony has gone "liquid cooled"

Just thought you would like to know that at Best Buy ,where I work, we have a new Sony in called the RA710G
I didnt have a chance to open up the case today, being Fathersday and all, but I will to to figure out exactly what they mean my "Liquid Cooling". I think its more of a heatpipe type thing but who knows :confused:
Have Fun :bday:

:Edit: Title should say Sony has gone "liquid cooled"..oops :rolleyes:

Well at least the big companies like Sony are starting to realize that conventional air cooling is finally meeting its ends soon. Maybe they could help to get more stuff developed that us overclockers can use.

aircooling will probably continue for a long, long time, imo they just want to try and use this for marketing instead of any real performance benefit.

Wow, everyone is changing to liquid cooling. Is it because it's needed or they are just trying to stay competitive with Alienware and Mac? I bet HP, and Dell will switch over next.

by using liquid cooling, they can keep the newer processesors running nearly silently. i am pretty sure thats why dell and sony are starting to implement it

stryder2720 said:
Just thought you would like to know that at Best Buy ,where I work, we have a new Sony in called the RA710G
I didnt have a chance to open up the case today, being Fathersday and all, but I will to to figure out exactly what they mean my "Liquid Cooling". I think its more of a heatpipe type thing but who knows :confused:
Have Fun :bday:

:Edit: Title should say Sony has gone "liquid cooled"..oops :rolleyes:

i saw it where i work too at an endcap in the computer department. first thought was neat looking case with the hole in the middle. didn't care too much for the components but at a retail price of 1700 its a lot cheaper then the same stuff with alienware.

-b0bby

The components of the water-cooled Sony I looked at weren't too bad. It only had 512MB of RAM and an FX5200, but the RAM was upgradable to 2GB and it did have an AGP 8x slot. For $1700 + those two upgrades, it's not bad at all.

case looks kinda dull and simple to me.

more lika peice of furniture...i think ill put a peice of glass on top of it and call it a table.

i think that the system is nice and it is already to go plug and play for the ones that dont want to do the extream in a do it your self project and some day it will be a parts harvest for when they go out of style LOL

b0bby said:
i saw it where i work too at an endcap in the computer department. first thought was neat looking case with the hole in the middle. didn't care too much for the components but at a retail price of 1700 its a lot cheaper then the same stuff with alienware.

-b0bby

isn't the case with the hole in the middle the subwoofer? I've only seen the pictures online so I could be wrong.

I know a bunch of super sony fanboys, so I can't wait to hear them go on about how much better their sony liquid cooling is than mine.

teamgreen said:
isn't the case with the hole in the middle the subwoofer? I've only seen the pictures online so I could be wrong.

I know a bunch of super sony fanboys, so I can't wait to hear them go on about how much better their sony liquid cooling is than mine.

yeh it has a one inch hole front to back but not in the sub, in the actual case. and yes they are gey heatpipes. i opened the display up and played with it, nothing impressive. atleast they said liquid and not specifically watercooled. i actually went out of my department and sold 3 of them today to people that actually buy 4 year service plans. i can't believe people pay for these things but owell im the salesman not the customer.

-b0bby

$1700?! For WHAT?

I'm sorry but that is frankly, INSANE. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have the *Monitor not included on there. That's a $300 processor on a $100 motherboard with a $60 video card. They have some money in software there for all that video editing stuff, but they're still making a tidy little profit on that unit. Makes me glad that I built my computer and bought a $50 PVR PCI card to go in it rather than flushing $700 down the toilet.

Well. Bigger companies will have more money to develop watercooling products and technology... So the small companies can just use that technology to benefit us overclockers. :D

Back