• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800 and 6800 waterblocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

termin@tor

I'm planning on doing a pretty big project in a couple of months for which I would have to sell my current rig and all sorts of other things to get the money for. :attn:

Anyway, I'll be getting an A64 and most likely a WW water block to go with it. The pump will probably be a MCP600, and probably a chevette heater core or something else. I might put two heater cores/rads in the loop. I'll be cooling the cpu, nb, and video card... I'm not exactly sure yet. I could put the SB, and the two raptors in the loop, but I might need a better pump.

Anyway, I'm planning on either getting a x800 or a 6800, but I have absolutely no idea what kind of water block to use yet. Can any of you recommend me a good water block for either the x800 or the 6800 cards? The price doesn't matter.

Do the AMD 64 boards have a SB and NB? I know some of the earlier versions just had one chip. I'm using a Silverprop HL which mounts both ATI and Nvidia (unsure about the 6800 series).

Ri0 said:
Do the AMD 64 boards have a SB and NB? I know some of the earlier versions just had one chip. I'm using a Silverprop HL which mounts both ATI and Nvidia (unsure about the 6800 series).

A64 just have a SB. The functions that the NB did are controlled by the actual CPU now.

Nforce board have one chip for the chipset. Via and Sis still have separate north and south bridges. AMD's own chipsets will have one, two, or three chips depending on the features used.

Back