• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on how many rads I should use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vengance_01

Question about a crazy setup

Well I was gonna build to 2 seprate rigs both W/Ced. Now its down to one. I have 1 Un-known dual 120mm cheve core and 2 JR-120's. would it make sense to make a loop like this? Here are my componets.

Swifty 6000 block
Beckett 320GPH Pump 12.2FT max head (dumpes 50watts into the water)
Dual 120mm HC on top outside my case, holes cut for fans and tubbing
VGA waterblock, undecided right not
2 JR120 heater cores in the front of my chieftec case on their sides.

My loop would go: Pump(pump will be in the rez, custom desgin) >> dual 120 HC>>cpu>>to top JR-120>>vga block>>2 JR-120>>rez. Would that be to much for this pump, and would I get close to the same temp if I just did either the dual HC or both JR-120's. The reason I ask is B/C I might as well use if I can mabey knock off 3-4C.

Last edited:
That would work if you have the room for it but the dual jr120's alone would probably give you adequate performance. A single chevette core should be good for a cpu and gpu depending on airflow, airpressure, and coolant flow - the two jr120's would be slightly better.

I would say that the 2 Jr's would be all you need... the 3rd won't likely help at all, you are not generating enough heat. Diminishing returns with 3 IMO.

nikhsub1 said:
I would say that the 2 Jr's would be all you need... the 3rd won't likely help at all, you are not generating enough heat. Diminishing returns with 3 IMO.

Agree.

Back