• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2*mcp600 - now i have too much bubbles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

situman

Anyone know how to get rid of air bubbles with 20ft of head and 320gph of flow rate? I have two mcp600 in my loop and the water is flowing so fast that it cant seem to get rid of all the water bubbles. but my temps sure look good even with massive air bubbles.

is it a close loop system or a system with a reserve if it is close loop then you can put a reserve on it or you may want to try making a high point in the system to catch the air in it

it has a reservoir at the top of the case and that is the highest point. as soon as the air bubbles get up there it gets sucked right back down.

Do you notice any temperature diffeneces with running two pumps compared to just one? And if so how much?

My guess is that you have them in parallel right? If so then I also guess that you have a 1/2id tube coming from the res into a 3/8id wyee and then split into two 1/2id tubes to the pump. Correct? If that's the case then the pumps are trying to pull too the water they need too fast. The bubbles don't have time in the res to go up because the flow is so great in the to-pump line they just get sucked down again. If this is the case then it's a not-so-easy fix but if it's not the case, please explain the layout of your system or a picture would work even better.

before two pumps, my load temp with the system on my sig heats up to 55 or 56 on the hot days on load. It idles at around 44c or so with case temps around 33c. With two pumps, load temps are 50c and that's with all the air bubbles in it. All temps are unadjusted for ABIT temp reading errors. If u subtract on average 8c off the load temps and idles temps, u pretty much get the picture.

layout of my setup is res->pump1->rad->cpu->"Y"->gpu->chipset->pump2->res

i noticed my load temps immediately jumps by 5c or 6c after i unplugged one of the pumps. man flow does matter with a whitewater and 1/2ID. BTW all are 1/2ID, i dont do hybrids.

I know this sounds a little extreme but if you pressurized the system with say 100 psi then you'd have less air bubbles(air would want to stay in solution more). I know, crazy but it would work. I haven't seen anyone try this or even talk about it yet, but we are the pioneers of everything cool.

When I filled my system I used a piece of the foam filter that came with the Eheim 1048 and placed(squeezed it) in the reservoir covering the res-exit hole and it very effectively trapped all the bubbles in the system and released.
Give it a try. Should work great.

-----------

100psi? I think something or everything in my loop will burst open somewhere somehow.

if you look at my res, there's a t-line on top of it, lol weird. i fill it and then air would get in there and the liquid would slowly go down. but as soon as i shut the pump off, water comes gushing out the T-line on top of the reservoir. Dunno why. but i gotta fix it so i wotn have to worry about it.

try pinching the tubes some, kinda pumping them. it will help slow the water as it enters the res. with 2 mcp600s i bet this is tough though.

to stop the bubbles from leaving the res and getting sucked back in put a screen or a piece of very poreous sponge or fishtank filter in front of the outlet.

umm too late now. i dont want to unhook everything. its bleeding but very very slowly.

as soon as i shut the pump off, water comes gushing out the T-line on top of the reservoir.

known as gravity pushing on the water in the system, so it needs an outlet, thus the any part in the loop not sealed up. the flow normally keeps it from having time to push outward, or a sealed system ,theres nowhere for it to go anyways, so you get some pressurization :)

Back