• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a new computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SavageBasher

Hey guys, I just decided today that I want to watercool a new computer that I will be building. Its going to be a Mobile 2600, and I will get this case.

I would like to keep the total cost under $150, and if possible, 120. I'm thinking a Maze 4, how are they? Oh, and for now I'll just want to cool the processor, in time I'll do the chipset and video card.

Information and advice is welcomed. :santa:

That radiator isn't very good. I would go with either the heatercore or double heatercore from dangerden, or napa.

well i started my planning on the idea of $100, ended up $125.

D-Tek spiral waterblock
maxijet 1300 (or was it 1200?)
misc.tubing from mccarr or something
and a nice, big, radiator, the '77 (or '87) Pontiac Bonneville Heatercore. or three.

the core is like $20 at your local Auto Zone or Advance Auto parts, and i hear Advance has the all copper ones, and advance has some copper and some brass.

the price is right, i jsut have to wait till i move to start the build...
but i though i'd just throw in what i've learned during my abuse of the WC section.

My system was $130 shipped

DtekCustoms - They have 10% off $100
White Water Waterblock: AMD (Socket A) ( 1x$49.99 )
S&D: PRO-120 Radiator (Black) ( 1x$23.99 )
120mm Aluminum Fan ( 1x$11.99 )
ClearFlex High Grade Tubing 1/2" ( 7x$1.35 )
T-Fitting ( 1x$0.99 )
Nylon Hose Clamp (10- pack) ( 1x$7.50 )

drsfostersmith.com
Via 1300 $21 shipped, choose TV advertisement as a coupon for $5 off.

The stuff is on it's way over right now,but I think it should perform decent well.

The maze 4 you listed is 34.95 and the radiator you were looking at is 39.99. Why not opt for a better performind yet cheaper heatercore (my fedco 2-342 was a mere 17.99 at autozone) and use the money you saved to get a better waterblock, like the Swiftech MCW6002 for 42.50 or spend 10 more than that for a tdx or rbx. If you got the heatercore and the swifty you'd be at around $65 spent giving you $55 more to spend for your $120 limit and $85 more to spend for your $150 limit. You could get a nice pump for that...hope this helped..

The TDX will be easier to install as it only has 2 barbs and the RBX has 3. The WW is in the same range as the RBX/TDX and is better than the maze4. Also shop around in the clasifieds here there is some good bang for your buck watercooling supplys quite often.

You can get a Mag 3 here at Marine Depot.

I believe the RBX is slightly better than the TDX. They are really close in performance. Check out the Swiftech MCW 6002. They are $42.50 here at Sidewinder Computers. That block is as good or better than the White Water with a strong pump.

alot of people have mixed results with the via pump. some have good experiences and some have them leak. i believe there is this place that sells themm for 12 bucks online so u can buy 2 for the price of one. i think it was something like drs foster. i forgot maybe someone here remembers.

Drsfostersmith.com
They have it for $17, but you can choose TV advertisement as a coupon to get a five dollar discount.

Back