• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCW50 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueMan

I just got all my componants in the mail. two of the things I got were the MCW50 graphics block and 2 1/2" barb converters to fit into the quick connect slots to allow for 1/2"ID tubing instead of the 3/8" the quick connects offer.

I unpacked the block and in my haste and excitement, I just stuck the two barbs into the block. they fit perfectly, and I made sure they were nice and tight on there, but the actual plastic piece they fit into, seems to wiggle a little bit. I tried taking them out but they're WAY to snug in there, and I can't push them any deeper either.

Here is a picture of the block with the barbs and the quick connects right next to it.

Attachments

• DSCF0103.jpg
    DSCF0103.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 111
That's how they are supposed to be. I had that block in my setup and it worked fine like that. Just make sure before turning on the pump for the first time that they are pushed in. Like if you pull on it, the tubes won't come out but it'll move a little bit forward, that will have a leak if you pull on it. It's pretty safe though, but for extra measure I would use some silicone around it. Get the kind that turns to rubber and you can remove it easy afterwards.

Those 1/2" id barbs/adaptors are exactly what im after. anybody in the uk know where i can get them? ive been looking every where i know but cant find any.

Last edited:
Back