• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wiring 2 pumps w/1 criticool powerplant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just splice the two pumps together, i did with 2 eheim 1250's and havent had a prob yet in 2 months or so, but like always dont trust me cause i wreck lots of electronics:)

Uh, I mean electrically. Lemmie refrase - How do I wire 2 pumps to get power from a criticool powerplant?

Mucho thanks.

Froz said:
Uh, I mean electrically. Lemmie refrase - How do I wire 2 pumps to get power from a criticool powerplant?

Mucho thanks.

easily, the criticool card has terminals, should be able to just hook up both of the pumps power lines to the terminals, it'd be wired in parallel, no volt drop. just remember to watch the polarity, wire it the way the instructions show, just wire both sets to the terminals instead of just one. should work without a problem.

::EDIT:: if you cant fit more than a single set of wires in, you'll have to cut the insulation back on the first pumps wires, and solder on the other pump's wires.

Cfn Nexus said:
easily, the criticool card has terminals, should be able to just hook up both of the pumps power lines to the terminals, it'd be wired in parallel, no volt drop. just remember to watch the polarity, wire it the way the instructions show, just wire both sets to the terminals instead of just one. should work without a problem.

::EDIT:: if you cant fit more than a single set of wires in, you'll have to cut the insulation back on the first pumps wires, and solder on the other pump's wires.

Bear with my novice'ness on this please.
So this wouldnt' reduce the power at all? Having one cord from the walljack plugged into the powerplant and then 2 pumps right off the leads of that would work out fine?

Hmm. Instructions... (sheepish look). There are 3 leads, Ground, Hot, Neutral. The instructions say to look the color of the cables. However, on the hydor l30 power cable, the cables are sheidled by only 1 black coating (and there are only 2 of them) I figured it woudln't matter which one I plugged them into... That or I got lucky and have just stuck with it.

lol noviceness, not everyone can be an electricial or electronics tech. it just means it'll draw more power thru the wall and the cable, but before doing this i'd say take a look at what the current draw max is on the card, and what the pumps each draw. if you draw too much thru the card, you'll fry it. if all else fails, you can just drill a small hole in your case bottom, run the wires out, join them and put a switch on them. and yes you wont have a problem hooking them up if its just the two, as long as one goes to hot, and the other goes to neutral or ground, because those too are basically the same thing. best to go with hot and neutral though, thats the way its normally done.

Cfn Nexus said:
lol noviceness, not everyone can be an electricial or electronics tech. it just means it'll draw more power thru the wall and the cable, but before doing this i'd say take a look at what the current draw max is on the card, and what the pumps each draw. if you draw too much thru the card, you'll fry it. if all else fails, you can just drill a small hole in your case bottom, run the wires out, join them and put a switch on them. and yes you wont have a problem hooking them up if its just the two, as long as one goes to hot, and the other goes to neutral or ground, because those too are basically the same thing. best to go with hot and neutral though, thats the way its normally done.

thnx for the nfo. Wouldn't watn to fry that powerplant while it's in the mb. muhaaha

Back