• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Phase Change project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strages

I'm planning on starting my Phase Change summer project on thursday. Ive got pretty much all of the initial work and the contacts workled out already - all I really need is a starting point. I'm in the process of drawing up disgrams of the external unit that I'm going to need, however, i'm not sure about the orientation and placement of the internals. Basically, I'm probably going to be using this post to update my progress on the units, for both advice and to just share my experience to hopefully help out others along the way.

First thing is first however - I need a starting point. I was talking to my neighbor whom lives across the street from me and he just happens to be an environmental engineer who specializes in cooling devices - he owns a company called APCCO Cooling and Refrigeration :attn:. Thankfully, he and his family are close friends of ours, so he jumped at the idea when I presented it to him. He had apparently been working on something similar, but didn't know how to apply it. We are considering a collaboration of effort, if we are able to produce my goal, to maybe take this somewhere in the private sector. Anyhow, if anyone has any suggestions about where to start or things to look out for from past experiences, they would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance and I'll be sure to keep this up-to-date!

Back