• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80mm fans for a rad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thorilan

whats the quietest high pressure quality fans you guys have seen for 80mm.

the 2 that come to mind for me are panaflo and papst

here in japan papst arnt to hard to get ahold of but panaflos are more rare. i dont want just any fan either. i want a custom rad that will be about 6cm thick ( about double the thickness of a normal core) and the thing is the force required to move air through a thicker core isnt as linear as i would like so it will require higher pressure which means a little more noise

thats why i want to know whats the best you can think of.

i know of some really uber ones but i cant aford them as they where designed by a guy that also design racing boat props so those are out of the question.

im thinking like panaflo fluid bearing but i want ones with deep fins . got any ideas?

Are the 80mm blowers (coolermaster, Tt) out of the question? Or what I should ask is do you want axial fans only?

Are the 80mm blowers (coolermaster, Tt) out of the question? Or what I should ask is do you want axial fans only?
definately out

can the tornados be mounted side by side like standard fans and at say 7v with case closed can you still hear them?

What do you mean side by side? they're the same dimensions as any other 80x80x38mm fan.

You could still hear them if your case is quiet. I'd say they are around 35-40dba at 7V. It was about the same as my 39dba 120mm fan. It was on a heatsink though, so that made it a bit louder. If you could isolate the vibratiosn fromt eh rad/case it would cut the noise down some.

hehe denki is just the japanese for electric electrical or electricity not the name of the fan lol

who was it that had the monster 17cm fans ? i think by rototron or something like that. im curious about the noise at specific voltages vs the air pressure it puts out

notice i didnt say cfm .

would u consider cabinet blowers or kitchen exhaust blowers?
pressure from those are insanly stronger then that of even the thickest axiel fans.

Why do you want 80mm fans. once you've made it so your ears arn't bleeding you wont get any good airflow. You really need 120mm cos you can make them real quite and they still push through 70-80cfm. or if space is a prob try some 92mm fans. You results will be disapointing on 80mm fans

NO BLOWERS my space is very limited .

and buzz i know what to expect from them. and 92mm wont do either period 80mm fans where what i was looking for.
thanks for the link ancient. unfortunately those are louder than i require for the amount of air. i actualy just got back from akihabara and tested out the sanyo and some sunon ( didnt have time to search for any panaflows with liquid bearings )

Back