• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Froz's Waterbox - Halfway point

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froz

I feel like I'm nearing the halfway point of my seemingly endless project and I wanted to post some pix. Total from scratch

Never-ending Parts list:
2) 24"x48"x.25" Lucite Acrylic slabs from Menards. ~$36.00each
5) Plastic Epoxy ~2.00/each
2) Aquarium Sealant ~2.00/each
1) Dremel w/unlimted cutoff wheels and general purpose sideways bit ~75.00
1) 10sqft under carpet foam - dirt cheap
Misc fittings up the wazoo) - All fittings are true 1/2ID except for waterblock which has 1/2 fittings but 3/8ID and rads with 3/8ID as well. ~20.00
1) Old Bix (ungoldy expensive)
1) New WA2-style rad (thanks!) ~48.00
1) Hydro l30 (cracked housing, numerous incorrect impeller installations -Thanks to the guy who put the pic on how to install the impeller correctly - sealed with plumbers goop and silicone) ~dden $'y
1) Mag 3 - ~48.00
Tubing) Mix of vinyl form menards and clearflex from old project. Used the old cleaflex beacuse it was easier to work with in the insides. May yet spray-paint those lines beacuse they're ugly.) ~10.00
1) Maze4 GPU block
1) RBX

Need all the electronics added yet. Fans are hopefully coming in this week after a *month* on screw-up order... Will post info on all of that when they're installed.

1aopt.jpg

1bopt.jpg

2aopt.jpg

Using the last picture as a reference, the bottom-right compartment will hold a powersupply and fan speed controllers, 3 fans inside the box on the top blowing out, 1 fan inside the box on the left bowing in, 1 fan inside the box on the right blowing out, perhaps 3 fans in the box on the other side of the rads to complete the push pull. Also need to seal up the middle compartment better to reduce the mag3 noise. Need to seal up the Res and stick a drain plug in as well.

Eh, that's about it. ;) I'll followup with more pix hopefully next week after I get some time to work on it this weekend.

Froz

wow, 55 views and not a single "hey cool" or "omg, that sux" ;)

Hey Cool!

Looking really nice, that will be pretty rocking.

Is the PSU going to power the system as well (reducing case temps)?

9mmCensor said:
Hey Cool!

Looking really nice, that will be pretty rocking.

Is the PSU going to power the system as well (reducing case temps)?

hey, thanks ;)

no, dual psu. too many fans for 1 psu in my opinon.

How're you going to get the PSU to turn on with the computer? I'll be starting an external box soon to, so any help would be appreciated. Also, how much tubing did you end up using?

Moony349 said:
How're you going to get the PSU to turn on with the computer? I'll be starting an external box soon to, so any help would be appreciated. Also, how much tubing did you end up using?

Not sure exactly on how to power them both together. I hear you acn build a cheap relay from rad shack, but I think I may just leave the box fans on 24/7. That or i could use my powerplant to run both the pumps when the pc turns on.

Didn't really use that much tubing. about 10ft.

Few more pix for u. Just in case you thought your computer was a mess. Hopefully we can do a b4 and after on this ;)

makeshift-shrouds.jpg

thisishowitest.jpg

specs as in sig. max load 41C so far. a bit lower than before. need to add some fans (and turn the others down) , seal up the shrouds and put a cover on it yet.

Last edited:
Back