• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Dtek Visible blue UV Dye"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

I bought some of this and used it and noticed a significant degradation in performance, now grganted I put to much in but... I let the bottle settle for about 1 day and the the dye distilled into 2 distinct parts.

After the 1 st use I noticed that my tubes were coated in this weird blue film.
I just redid the system and only used the top part of the disteilled dye. now the water is clear unless I put uvlight close to it.

The stuff on the bottom of the bottle seems to be the same stuff coating the tubes wich I replaced and also the same stuff that results in the water always being blue. Could it be that the "visible blue" is just normal uV blue dye with some sort of weird blue flakes in it that clogged up my system?

Also the tubing I am using right now is vinyl tubing, could that have anyting to do with the coating, and what kind of problems can I expect with vinyl tubing in the future

i got the clear blue dye and i just drained my highliter dye water to see if i got the same thing you did. It been running since last night and it has faded. As for the performace lost i havent noticed any. and no film on my tubes. I think ill stick with the highliter fluid. sucks though that we both wasted $10 on crappy dye.

Yeah, this D-Tek dye is awful, I got the visible blue too, and the color is way off, it’s more Cadet Blue, which is a greenish blue, don’t know about performance loss though.

I'm using vinyl as well, I'm probably not going to change the water till I get better tubing.

im sticking with my green highlighter, works great and really really really cheap

criticools shipping is higher than the price of the dye...

and i buy invisible uv DYEs. my antifreeze already colors my water blue and green.

Back