• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any waterblocks out for the 6800ultra?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

odin30

Registered
Any of you guys in the know have any idea if there is any gpu block that will fit a 6800?
If not i guess im buyin a x800xt :(
Not so bad i guess. :)

If you mean a waterblock that covers both the GPU AND RAM then there are a couple that do that like the Innovatec Cool-Matic models but they are limited to 1/4" inlets/outlets which will kill flow in a 1/2" ID based system. If you just want a block to cover just the GPU and then use ramsinks on the RAM then basically any GPU block that fit the Nvidia FX series should fit. Popular ones are the DangerDen Maze4, the SwiftTech MCW50, and the Silverprop SL/HL.

Animal982 said:
any GPU block that fit the Nvidia FX series should fit.
No. Mounting holes are different enough. FX blocks won't fit.
The Twinplex GPU is another popular choice.
This time around as i'm about to get a 6800GT i'll take either a maze4/NB or another similar square block with straight barbs and make a CPU clamp out of spare sheetmetal (which i got out of modding cases...). A few minutes with a dremel and a drill for the 2 holes, and it's over.
ah and i'll put copper heatsinks for the RAM - i hope it will be enough.

I'm going to make a new top plate for my DD R9700 block with the mounting holes for a 6800.

Someone has to come out with a block for 1/2" tube. First one to do so not only gets my business for that block, but probably my whole set up.

Actually i already sent em an email a few weeks ago, about that precisely ;) I got an answer from Dan who said they would work on a 6800 block as soon as possible. I guess all we have to do now is to reload their front page daily !

Back