• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rock me Amadeus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Waterbug

Sorry for the tiitle but i was listening to Falcos 80`s song Rock me amadeus, a great song by the way, while i was taken the pics, and teststing the pumps.

1. Pump no1 Hydor Seltz L30II, 1200l/h 1,95m head, 27w / 220 volts EU model.
113x100x81 cm

2, Pump no2 Swiftech MCP600 Rev2, 700l/h, 3.2m head, 12V

3. Pump no3 Alphacool AP 1500, 1500 l/h , 3m head, 17w, 12-24v ,
114x76x89 cm

Test will come sone, i will have my wife to take the pics while im testing ;)

Here is the pic of the pumps until then

pumps1.jpg

Last edited:
Ha i thought i was alone with my Euro Hydor L30-2 in a watercooled PC ;)
Can't wait to see how my old (4 years now) pump fares against the new "top dogs".

Neco said:
I got that song on CD somewhere, haha
Falco Rocks! And the rest of the 80`s tophits, i was teenager in those times, so it make me remember good times.
:)

By the way, i will be testing some uv colors too, green, red, orange and blue, all bic pens, wich have the best color and does not harm pump or fades away easaly nor either stains your tubing and bay tank. Have gotten a PH meter too so i can monitor the ph values with the different mixes.

You can really save some money by using bic pens, instead of some expensive uv dye, that fades away in time.
I even had a piece of aluminium, copper and clearflex in a secured jar for some testing with the bic colors, i tested it out over a six month period.

Photos of the different solutions and bic pens used will come up shortly,
some worked best and some did not, in the way of light reflection.

Also did some Antifreezer testing that will come later, i used blue WW antifrezer, Ford blue, and Volvos green antifreezer, As some red log life shell af, and castrol blue af. Also the test was done by Ethyle based af and Prophylene af, ie less toxic. Interesting results though.

Also water have been tested, all from Battery car water, to distilled water and steriialized water from the pharmacy.

Those test will come over some weeks period, for the interested.
All Products tested can be bought in the EU market.

Last edited:
9mmCensor said:
Not to mention all the flow.
:(
/me cries at his poor attempt to make funny

I do not understand your reply. Is it some way of attack against me personaly?
Btw "CS Sucks" as your logo is realy mature, i could imagine you are 4 years old.

Last edited:
Shadowcat said:
Wish I had all those to play with :D ..... That is a lot of head you are getting ;)

I have several servers so i can play around with alot of pumps :p

Waterbug said:
I do not understand your reply. Is it some way of attack against me personaly?
Btw "CS Sucks" as your logo is realy mature, i could imagine you are 4 years old.

No, I was commenting on the sexually inuendo I quoted, sorry if that was unclear.

Concerning my avatar, it doesn't, I can choose what I like and present my opinion how I want to, within certain perameters of course (I cannot infringe on others rights, thats wrong).

Forgot to ask what kind of testing are you doing, testing can be cool want to elaborate.

Still think I'm four?

9mmCensor said:
No, I was commenting on the sexually inuendo I quoted, sorry if that was unclear.

Concerning my avatar, it doesn't, I can choose what I like and present my opinion how I want to, within certain perameters of course (I cannot infringe on others rights, thats wrong).

Forgot to ask what kind of testing are you doing, testing can be cool want to elaborate.

Still think I'm four?

No i do not think you are four, it may be a kind of missinterpretetion, by my side perhaps. My maternal language is not english, and i can missinterpret some words. The post was about a test to direct some new to watercooling. , This thread was meant to EU consumers, as the alphacool pump is not easily to find in the US. As for your CS anti campaingne you are right to have your own opinion. If you are interested in the result of my different tests you are welcome to see the outcoming and share your thoughs about it.

"me cries at his poor attempt to make funny" is not a word in my language that makes you a openminded person with a touch of kindness agains others.

Last edited:
Waterbug said:
No i do not think you are four, it may be a kind of missinterpretetion, by my side perhaps. My maternal language is not english, and i can missinterpret some words. The post was about a test to direct some new to watercooling. , This thread was meant to EU consumers, as the alphacool pump is not easily to find in the US. As for your CS anti campaingne you are right to have your own opinion. If you are interested in the result of my different tests you are welcome to see the outcoming and share your thoughs about it.

"me cries at his poor attempt to make funny" is not a word in my language that makes you a openminded person with a touch of kindness agains others.
Cool on all counts.

I apologize for using poor english slang in my posts, it is easy to forget we have members here whose primary language is not english, and it is a difficult one (even I struggle with it and it is my native language).
"me cries at his poor attempt to make funny" by that I mean,
"I (me, 9mmCensor) cry about my attempt to make a joke", refering the the sexual inuendo previously made about the head of the pump, because the joke was already taken(great minds think alike).

I look forward to seeing your testing, and this Alphacool pump, never heard of it.

My Sincerest Apologies,
9mmCensor

9mmCensor said:
Cool on all counts.

I apologize for using poor english slang in my posts, it is easy to forget we have members here whose primary language is not english, and it is a difficult one (even I struggle with it and it is my native language).
"me cries at his poor attempt to make funny" by that I mean,
"I (me, 9mmCensor) cry about my attempt to make a joke", refering the the sexual inuendo previously made about the head of the pump, because the joke was already taken(great minds think alike).

I look forward to seeing your testing, and this Alphacool pump, never heard of it.

My Sincerest Apologies,
9mmCensor

No offence taken, shake hands and go on, this is where different languages means different things and you get all thorn up by it, i can recall making business with japonese people, where you have to consider many things as their culture is different to ours. Also the Saudis come in mind :thup:

The Alphacool is a odd pump, to people outside eu, it´s a german made pump, its outtake rotates 100 degrees. Easily to mount in a case and rotate the outburst where it´s most available for you.

Waterbug said:
No offence taken, shake hands and go on, this is where different languages means different things and you get all thorn up by it, i can recall making business with japonese people, where you have to consider many things as their culture is different to ours. Also the Saudis come in mind :thup:

the saudis are a pain in the *** to deal with.. even if ur arabic, i've delt with chinese/japanese better then my own people.

anyways, what don't u introduce a mag3 into that testing ;), its become fairly popular to the watercooling community.

Korndog said:
the saudis are a pain in the *** to deal with.. even if ur arabic, i've delt with chinese/japanese better then my own people.

anyways, what don't u introduce a mag3 into that testing ;), its become fairly popular to the watercooling community.

I cant get hold of a Mag3 here in sweden, If i could i would get one.

Last edited:
Now you got us drooling. Results ! We want results ! haaaaaa (rolls on the floor, drools on the carpet)
Looking forward to the results of antifreeze additives.

Mag3 s are only avalible for the American powersupply (120v i think dunno about hz tho) so thats why we cant get them over the pond (europe, incase you dont understand my english slang;) )

Im quite interested to see how the AC pump does against the MCP-600. Can you give us any details on how you will be testing??

Back