• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 Pro, Sapphire or BBA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mazir

Registered
I sent in my Sapphire 9800 Pro 256bit 128MB card for RMA. The store is now telling me they are out of stock of the Sapphire and I can either wait a week or two for more stock to get in, or they can send me a 9800 Pro built by ATI. Is there any real difference between them? Which should I pick. It's not a bit deal to wait a week or two.

Thanks,
Cheers.

Just pick up the bba 9800Pro as the only diffrence between a sapphire and bba card is the heatsink (well maybe not even the heatsink).

Thanks for the info, I'll get the bba 9800 Pro then.

Before you decide (if you haven't already), I believe that the sapphire 9800pro's have the r360 core and the cards built by ATI have the regular r350. Doesn't mean anything unless you plan on OC'ing your card or flashing it to an XT...

Yes, my old Sapphire had the R360 core, but I don't really plan on overclocking the video card much, so I'll just get whatever comes first.

Cheers.

Back