• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HydorL30 -> MCP600 4-6C temp drop on load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ri0

My hydor got the infamous rattle problem after about 3 weeks and 24/7 use. I decided to purchase the MCP600 rev2 after all the good threads about it here. It came today and I have it hooked up now. It is inaudible, I have to touch it to feel the vibrations to tell it is on. I have it suspended so even the small vibrations would not cause any sound (although I think if it is touching your) case it woulnd't matter). My temps are down about 4-6C on load depending on how warm it is in my room and about 6-8C drop idle. I think the temp differnce is due to how warm the pumps are when running. I could feel the hydorL30 warm up while it was running and it was exchanging heat into the water. The MCP600 is room temp and doesn't feel warm at all. It's a shame I didn't buy the MCP600 at first, but I wanted to save $20-$30 and get the hydorL30. I feel the MCP600 is superior to the hydor in every way. I am very impressed and I will recommend this pump from now on. I give it a 10/10.

Room temp is about 77-80F and system temp is 32-33C
CPU is 2.6Ghz and 1.98v

Idle
HydorL30II 45C-48C
MCP600 39C-40C

Load
HydorL30II 52C-56C
MCP600 48C-50C

Last edited:
The temps are high because it is an Abit and not an Asus. I only have a 120mm panaflo sucking air through a BIX in the front of my case. Using 1/2" ID and bay res. Being that my temps were in the mid 50's at 2.3G with my mobile 2500 using SLK900A and TMD, so my current temps seem correcct. Don't fall into a pipe dream thinking that WCing magically gets you temps in the 30's.

My load temps this morning are 46C.

Back