• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my temps seem high, should i take out the gpu block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

netboy

Registered
Hey everyone, ive been running this setup for a few months now, but my temps always seem quite high. at load my temps are about 50C give or take 1C. my setup is 1/2 inch tubing ID all around. DD RBX w/nozzle 5(also tried 4 no noticable differnce), danner mag 3, DD maze 4 gpu, dual 5.25" bay res, chevette HC, 120mm ys-tech fan pulling (biggest one i could find rated at 120+ cfm). ambient temps are approx. 30C. I can accpet 10C over ambient but 50C seems like a lot. Using AS5, let it set a few days temps droped maybe 1-2C but im still high over ambient. Should i take the gpu out of the loop? Thanks everyone for any input and suggestions.

get a bigger HC.that seems to be your main problem. unless you mounted the cpu block wrong. try reseating it

tried resetting it a bunch of times, no differnce.....man i thought the chevette heater core was big :( guess if i get a new HC time to get a new case. Merry Xmass to me :D

use the #4 nozzle, cause theres a good chance that the #5 for you is cloged. that is the main reason why most ppl stay away fron the #5. also what are you using in your water? water wetter, anti-frezze?

IMHO 50°C at load is ok for a CPU running at 25000MHz :p and it's also not too high for running at 2500MHz.

And how far do you expect the temps to drop by removing the GPU block? I guess you will be dissapointed when you try it, <3-5°C (guessed).

try another rad or fan setup first...

only thing in my water is distilled and some highlighter fluid. I guess im a little disapointed because i see some people with 30C temps. it just seems like im way off. if my comp not overclocked my temps at idle ar 44C

what's the vcore on your cpu? if it's 1.9+ then that's normal, if its under, then that is a little hot. im running a similar system and i just added a gpu block to my own system, and my idle temp went up 5c to 44c, load at 50c, but my proc is running at a 1.97 vcore.

Your temps seem fine for the setup your running. Just need a bigger better HC to displace more of the heat from the water.

doh, ok, well if i use a caprice core and mount it to the top of my case, how many 5.25 bays will it takeup if the fans are inside.....what about if they are outside?

Is th "HC" you guys talking about a radiator? If so also try mounting it outside of the case so not to cool with ambient temps rather than fresh air. Should help a little. like if you have enough room you can feed the tubes through you pci slots to the radiator straight to the cpu. Let us know what the flow cycle is, like what order the water flows before getting to what.
:beer: Also your not doing too bad as is. my temps are 50C idle and like 64C LOAD...but i have a prescott and air cooled but im getting a water setup VERY soon.

Last edited:
pump--->radiator---->cpu--->gpu---->res--->pump thats is the cycle of my setup, i have taken the front of my case off, and the side off, so it is pretty much outside the case and getting all the frest air it can get.

just make sure the air coming out of your fans from the radiator cant easily go right back in the other side of the rad :D

i wish i had some where to post pics, but i dont think that is happening. My HC is flush up to the front of the case, with a big square hole thta i cut to the size of the HC. with my 120mm ys fan pulling air through with a shroud i got from dtek. i guess i will try a caprice HC if they cheap enough, anyone know what kind to get?

would adding another fan to push also instead just pulling help? or is it not worth it

hmm...maybe ill try adding another ys 120mm before i do something drastic, thanks everyone for the input

Back