• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Me Design a Cheap, Effective Watercooling Solution.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tatuya

I have been purusing the water cooling forums lately and have wondered what parts you all would recommend for a cheap but effective watercooling solution for the rig below. I also should note that I would like it as a quiet solution because well, the reason why I want to go to water from air is the noise factor. Thanks in advance.

*NOTE*At the moment I am only considering a CPU waterblock as I have no NB fan (no noise) and my VGA silencer is nearly dead silent.

from what ive read, the via 1300 is cheap but puts a lot of heat into your water

yes, thats right. Quite a lot of heat, and somewhat noisy aswell.

Tatuya, i dunno what u mean when u say "cheap", but take a look at this ebay auction. Perhaps it is within ur wallets reach, and perhaps u get lucky and it wont go much higher :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3673&item=3488404460&rd=1

Usually, most ppl will recomend a ehiem of suiting size, ei a 1048, or a 1250. Eheim is good and low noise pump, alltho a bit more pricie than say a via aqua.

My best tip to you for a cheap, good wc setup is to look at ebay. Do a search for water,watercooling etc in the fans,heatsinks cathegory. They currently have a maze4 aswell as some silverprob blocks for 20 usd + shipping, wich sounds good to me :)

yes, thats right. Quite a lot of heat, and somewhat noisy aswell.

Tatuya, i dunno what u mean when u say "cheap", but take a look at this ebay auction. Perhaps it is within ur wallets reach, and perhaps u get lucky and it wont go much higher :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3673&item=3488404460&rd=1

Usually, most ppl will recomend a ehiem of suiting size, ei a 1048, or a 1250. Eheim is good and low noise pump, alltho a bit more pricie than say a via aqua.

My best tip to you for a cheap, good wc setup is to look at ebay. Do a search for water,watercooling etc in the fans,heatsinks cathegory. There are currently a maze4 aswell as some silverprop blocks for 20 usd + shipping, wich sounds good to me :)

you could get a dtek spiral/tc-4 for $25. 86 chevetter heatercore for $25. tubing from mcmaster for <$10. And an eheim compact 1000 pump for $25. its a submersible pump but can be modified to work inline.

If you have a hundred and ten bucks you can get a pretty nice setup:
dtek pro core scratch and dent: $20
Swiftech MCW6000: $40
Danner Mag 3: $40
Swiftech coolsleeves: $4
10ft Lowes tubing: $3
T-line, hose clamps, fittings: $5

Ok, I lied, that is $112 :)
Also, you can get some great deals in the classifieds, I got my mag 3 and heatercore for like $45 total, with shipping, so keep your eyes peeled! Also, lots of people are selling AMD waterblocks right now, so you can get a good one dirt cheap.

Good luck to you!

I think you can build a moderate system for around $80.

Raider84, how can you mod the Compact 1000?

Back