• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xaser III WC Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saltytheseagull

Hi. I'm new to water cooling. I've got an idea of what I want: DD RBX and Chevette Heatercore. I need to find a good pump. I want the setup to be 1/2". I was curious if I could mount the Heater Core in the top of my Xaser III and also could I add a second Heater Core if I wanted to. Any suggestions would be greatly apprichiated.

Welcome to the forums.

I'm not a pro or anything, but I can help out some.
The RBX and chevette would be a good combination.
For a pump, you might want to check out the MCP600. I've heard good things about it and I'll probably be getting it for my next project. You might also look into the Eheim 1250. They would probably both be enough for your setup. The Eheim would be quieter, but the MCP600 can be connected to a 12V rail from your power supply. I'd get the MCP600, but that's just me, they're both really good pumps.

I'm not sure if the heater core would fit, but you could mount it anywhere. I think it should fit, but I'm not 100% sure. Try to mount it so that it serves as an intake, sucking cold air into the case. If you mount it on top as an exhaust, your temps might suffer a little bit because all the warm air rasies to the top and it's around the psu and cpu area which get hot.

And yeah, you could always add a second heater core if you want to. You just have to find a way to mount it.

I dont know how that would work. for one, itd be tight between the psu and cd bays. specially since the top bay is reserved for the thermaltake display.

beyond that there are ports on top, these can be removed and thatd open up a nice spot for another fan, but just something to think of.

I personally removed the side mounted hard drive bays(I dont need 8 hard drives lol) and put a 120x120 radiator in there. its cooling all 3 blocks in my sig.

Sure you could.

You'll have to do something about the front bezel though...it's extremely restrictive out of the box.

ya you should be able to put the rad up at the top.......take out the plastic cover and the extra usb ports and ****...........i stuck a jr-120 rad up there with 2 120mm fans easily, you can take out one of the drive bays but i'm not really sure how much room you'll get and the front doesnt give good circulation, works fine sticking the rad at the top and just cutting a hole for the fan

Outsider: what r ur temps? and where'd u get ur rad? Thanks. Could I see a pic please? :) What's the diff between a heatercore and a rad and also could I put it in the top of the case, but as an intake?

Last edited:
Back