• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oooooo, purdy.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shuruga2

i've been getting in to water cooling for about a month now, taking it slow and buying things when i had researched them and knew it was what i wanted.
ha, ok so i could only afford to get the rest of the stuff lately, but its all here.

pump: mag 5
cpu block: DD RBX (with all plates)
gpu block: DD Maze 4
rad: 11" x 6.25" x 2" copper heater core (here )
tubes: cheap vinyl 1/2" + coolsleeves (coolsleeves on backorder)
airtrap: home made 1" ID with 2" ID top 'res'

all parts but the coosleeves came in yesterday and i cobled together my airtrap. i decided to go with the 1" ID parts since i remember reading that pumps function better when the inlet diameter is bigger.
today i've started modifying one of these which i plan on attatching to the door of my case. i've cut out holes for the power cord and the top of the airtrap as well as drilling the holes to mount the pump.

so after all this time i was getting antsy and needed to see somehing put together and running. i could have done everything but i grabbed a wrong adapter for hooking up the rad, i had to settle with just the pump and the airtrap packed into the box.
it was worth it. seeing the bubbles whiz around in the tubing was great, tho most were quickly eaten by the airtrap. i did find one booboo where the male/male 3/4-1" adapter was leaking. unfortunately the only way i could make this work with the parts my home depot had was to use a threaded male into a un-threaded female. the pvc glue didnt hold and i'll need to get some epoxy.
oh well, i'm still happy. that pump isnt very loud and isnt causing any rattling llike i thought it might

heres the goods:

Shuruga2stuff.jpg

and the airtrap
Shuruga2airtrap.jpg

mini update. things are going slowly. not too happy with the way some of the things are turning out, but i like the rad.

rad1.jpg

rad2.jpg

rad3.jpg

rad4.jpg

since its just a webcam you cant read that the fans are all 120mm ADDA 84cfm. i am wiring them together in top and bottom pairs in case i ever want to run them from my fan controller. i'm using that re-inforced tubing since i will have to take some tight-ish bends with that longer piece

Last edited:
Back