• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can Someone design me a watercooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

Sorry about being totally new to this. I want a watercooling setup, that can fit in my current case with no mods. Let me give you some heads up. I don't want to mod my case (antec slk3700bqe http://www.antec.com/us/pro_details_enclosure.php?ProdID=93703#), I have the front facing (towards the case door) HD racks. I can only put a fan in the back. The front fan is mounted underneath the front plastic part of the cover. I have one PCI cards and one AGP Video card, that leaves three pci slots worth of space left. I use two of the four 5.25 bays. I also have two hard drives that use two of the four harddrive racks. If it cannot be fit inside the case then I would be willing to make enclosure as long as the supplies to make the enclosure and the parts for the watercooling come to no less than 300.

I am willing to spend up to 300, but I want something that will beat my sp-97 by a considerable margin, and is quieter than my 3 36db fans. I would like it all to be able to fit inside my case, and be upgradeable if I decide I want to cool my graphics card, or if I want to cool my northbridge.

I looked at the kits, but from reading a lot of threads I saw it is better to make your own.

Why do I want to this you ask? I want to really push this Mobile, and I want a case that is quieter. My roommate in college gets mad at me because the case is so loud, and its something that I have looked at with newbish awe, and finally decided to try this. And please spare no detail, I read the stickies understood some, but just pretend I know nothing.

I hope a gave you enough info to do this, and thanks for all your help.

3700BQE_Inside.jpg

from what the case looks like, i don't think fitting a radiator in the back would be possible without doing something to the power supply, but the case specs did mention a 120mm fan hole in the front right? where the hard drive rack currently sits

the hard drive racks must go, should be easy, looks like some kinda lever right beside the floppy racks

assuming if a standard 120mm radiator would fit: 172x124x50mm centered at the 120mm fan hole (go and measure);

1. get the thermochill HE120.1 radiator from dangerden.com $85; don't forget the 1/2 barbed 3/8-bsp thread fittings $5

2. get the *TWO*CSP 750 pumps from dtekcustoms.com $72

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=140

3. get the TDX block from dangerden.com with the brass top and 1/2 barbs, OR get the MCW6002 from a retailer that sells swiftech; TDX is should be a bit less restrictive $45-60?

4. you need: 10ft of clearflex hoses; see the usplastics people, GOOD antifreeze; see your local automall, and also one of these: http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=130

Last edited:
and 120mm fans for the radiator, distilled water (aquafina at the grocery store, MUST BE AQUAFINA, NOT MINERAL WATER), and quite a few zip ties

should be everything

though, before you start, you mentioned that you've got a thermalright sp-97 yes?

perhaps you should try running the computer with its case open in a well ventilated room with a 92mm delta or tornado fan at max rpm first

go and buy the fan, should cost you ~15$ ? and see if better cooling does help or not, rather than to make a $300 investment on blind faith that it will help your overclock

because maybe better cooling won't help

well my temps are great, 33 on idle 36 on load. case temps are like 25-28. I want quieter. And I can always use the air cooling for a backup. This is something I have wanted to do for a while. Thanks fafnir, does anyone else have any recommendations?

see, i don't think the water's going to help much with your temps if its already at 33-35 (assuming if thats what it really is)

and therefore i don't think its going to help you overclock much

if quiet is what you're after then i don't think anyone is going to recommend anything too significantly different from the kit i've posted above

e.g. no case modding, no gpu block, etc

though: if you're going for **dead** silence than you might wanna consider something a bit different

such as the zalman reserator i'm about to go buy and so on, where i've just set up a kit for a friend with something not too far off what i've just told you to get, though he's got intel and its a prescott, big holes cut into the case for dual lexus heatercores and dual eheim pumps

won't fit in your case and its quite a job to set up, plus the part where it wasn't cheap either, drops 30 celcius from the stock prescott hsf at max voltage

where as i've going for dead silence: <20db, minimal fans, don't care much about temps, and most of the stuff i'm using is alluminum, isn't quite what you're trying to do

and the zalman's supposed to be an upgrade to the koolance exos i had

they both do what they're supposed to do, but again, not gearing for the "cool" part

Back