• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice wanted on GPU and Northbridge blocks.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LV38_Eagle

Registered
Hi there, I have been browsing the site/forums for a while now and finally feel the need to post. Shown below is my current system, (nobody laugh please), water cooling parts include, Hardware Labs BlackIce Xtreme2 Radiator with 2 Pabst 120mm fans, Swiftech MCP600 High Pressure pump, Swiftech MCW5002 CPU Waterblock, Tygon 3603 12.5mm internal/20mm external tube. The reservoir, (home made), is a 1.5 litre sistema airtight tub with 3 x 12.5mm connectors (2 inlet (reduced turbulent flow in reservoir), 1 outlet).

DSC00222.JPG

I set this up a month ago to work as an effective CPU cooler, with room to upgrade to GPU and Northbridge blocks. I have now decided to add the extra two blocks, but want the minimum performance loss to the CPU cooling. The rad is easily enough to take the heat out of the system, and I hope the pump, combined with some low resistance blocks, (of which the MCW5002 is one), should be enough to add another two blocks without too much trouble.

I am looking for advice on the low resistance GPU and Northbridge blocks; the Motherboard is an N-force 2 ATI chipset with the standard 2 mounting holes, and a 9800 series GFX card. My current thoughts are the Danger Den Maze 4 Chipset and GPU blocks, but would like the opinions of people with more than 4 weeks water cooling experience.

Thanks in advance.

i use a maze4 on my gpu and many people seem to think its good as well. as for northbridge, i never saw the point of w/cing mine cuz the HS i put on mine never got past warm. but i would say the z block or one of the swiftechs.

i personally recommend teh maze4 gpu and maze4 nb blocks as tehy prettty much have the lowest pressure drop, the best gfx block would be the silverprop cyclone fusion HL i think its called but that may be hard to find where you are, all three are low pressure drop blocks.

i would definately get the silverprop block if you don run any anticorrosion things as teh anodised alu top from teh maze4 gpu block may be a problem, teh maze4 nb block has a lucite top so corrosion wont be a problem there

Back