• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im tossing out the stock intel cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EgoFumPapa

ive been stuck in the realm of stock hsf cooling for quite some time now, and i have decided that its time for a change. this will be my first attempt to water cool my system. ive been reading into things here and there for a few days now, and ive been going to dangerden and looking around. i think im almost about ready to buy, but first want some opinions from you watercool guys. since this is my first setup and im on a tight budget, id like to try to keep it under $150, sooooo here goes.
im looking at either a MAZE4 or Dangerden RBX waterblock
heater core or 80mm micro radiator
hydor l20 pump
7 feet of clear flex tubing
should i get a reservoir?
and also, what is some good additive?
if you guys could help me along here that would be awesome. thanks a lot!

150$... i'll give it a try.
block: swiftech MCW6000 - 40$
pump: L30 - 50$
Radiator: D-Tek Pro-120 Combo - 45$. you will get better profit/invest if you find a heatercore.
Tubing - 15$.
Misc - 10$
Reservoir - custom. very easy to build. check RoboTech's how to.
Additive - i would use "regular" car untifreez liquid. It's cheap.
it sums up to 20$ more than you are ready to pay, but i think the performance will be pretty good. You may choose TC4 wb from D-tek or spiral for 25$, L20 pump as you wanted on the 1st place, heatercore instead of radiator and finally end up with not as good performing but considerably cheaper setup. i guess around 100 $.

I was looking into this too, and a kit from Danger Den can be had for $150-175 depending on if you want to go cheap on the rad or not. It's a basic setup that'll include everything you need.

Back