• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wierd overclock problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tazman

Registered
ok here's the story i recently got myself an ashtek water cooling set up the antaric one with north bridge and vga included i set this up on my 2500xp barton using an abit nf7-s rev 2 mobo.

this is where it gets wierd before this i had a monster copper heatsink and fan and could run all day long at 2.2 3200xp and now with the waterblock installed i run cooler but cant even overclock the cpu past default current temps are 34 idle .

could it be that i have damaged the cpu when tightening the block down but i was told if i had done this the cpu would be slow and run really hot and at 34 degrees i dont see that as hot unless its the water cooling system doing a great job at keeping it low

hope you can shed some light on this

thanks in advance

ps
if i have damamged the cpu any suggestions on what chip to go for and how to tell the wife i need a new cpu

As you don't mention system instability running at stock speed, then I would figure that the CPU is fine.
I'd look for a silly BIOS setting or something else you might have bodged during the install to solve the problem.

ok so i have no instabilty during ruuning at stock speed but before i did the convert to water i was running fine at 3200xp speeds and now i cant even get it to boot at that was just wondering if it was the chip so if its not what else could it be i have tried every think i can think of in the bios and get errors every time

could it be the motherboard then if i have damaged a track on the board or somethink when tightening the chipset water block on ?

i just havent got a clue

Back