• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why copper blocks with aluminum tops??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkDraco

if copper and aluminum are enemies in corrosion, why the heck do they make waterblocks from copper with aluminum tops? i was discussing this with someone and couldnt think of any possible answer.

Save themselves some money during manufacturing process. Also this is a way for you to buy anticorrision items from their site pending you are too lazy to go to Autozone and get some antifreeze yourself.

Why does the MCP600 pump have aluminum casing?

For the water blocks, it lessens the cost that you pay. It also makes the blocks a little lighter, which I don't think is a big deal. With a little antifreeze, corrosion won't be a problem with coated aluminum. Bare aluminum and copper would be another story.

Never understood that myself, bud.

They're cheaper to manufacture, and they'll probably corrode over time anyway, requiring another WB purchase. Sounds like the car makers are involved. :)

You can add juize to the water hoping that:
a) The anodizing won't wear away anyway (false hope in my book).
b) Your temps don't go up.....much.
c) You cats/dogs/kids don't drink the stuff.
d) It won't dye your acrylic reservior seams, or cloud your tubing.
e) It doesn't leave gobs of schmutz flowing through your tubing (like waterwetter)

I pass.

My Whitewater has an alluminum top, and with the copper nozzel plate in the middle, i dont think much water, if any, actually touches the alluminum

Back