• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium 4 Prescott too hot need WC ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corleonee

Disabled
I've got a P4 Prescott running at 3.0 @ 3.55 on 1.475 Vcore it gets up to 70 celsius under load with a Zalman 7000 aircooler.
Will i notice alot difference on watercooling ? or is watercooling not appropiate to take on alot of prescott Watts ? I want to clock it upto 4.0 ghz
Also any tips on which waterblock etc. to get welcome :)

Last edited:
if you're going for that overclock, you will need at least water cooling. i'm using the koolance exos kit with the cpu-300-h06 block. 2.8e overclocked to 3.6 and doesn't go above 40C under heavy load.

Sweet temps !
Would it be possible to built everything inside a big case (radiator etc.)
and still get good temps ?

buy a dremel and make that sh*t fit...thats what i did, it was actually really fun

frozencpu has some good stuff, but all their kits have small radiators..
if u want to get rid of that possible 150+watts of heat from that prescott, i'd suggest going for a dtekcustoms.com kit or dangerden.com kit and make sure to get a heatcore or larger. this way you won't have to resort in a loud fan to keep things cool and won't worry about expanding to ur gpu or nb in the future.

Hound Dog said:
if you're going for that overclock, you will need at least water cooling. i'm using the koolance exos kit with the cpu-300-h06 block. 2.8e overclocked to 3.6 and doesn't go above 40C under heavy load.
Man im on WC and i got idle temps of 48C and Load temps of 54C, im going to get a new HC and upgrade from BI Pro, hopefully that will help a little.

After some research im planning to get a Dangerden RBX cpu block and a Swiftech MCP600 pump. Is this a good combo ? Im still not out for which radiator to go. I want to place it in my case.

Back