• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chu

Hi, I'm new to water cooling but I'm on a tight budget. I'm just wondering, is the Eheim 1046 any good? Compared to the Hydor l20, it seems really bad and the price is way higher than the l20. On Frozencpu.com, the hydor is sold for 35.00 and the eheim is sold for 106.00. But i found a good deal on ebay for the eheim 1046 for approx 42.00 (36.95 w/out shipping) so, basically which one is better

-chu

for that price you can get a Danner Mag 3, which is a better pump than both stat wise.

danner mag 3 is like $40 shipped from marinedepot.com i got mine there and im sure many others have as well.

via bad via evil, stay away from via

if the thing dies after 3 weeks, dun say people haven't told you via's are bad

if you fry your cpu,

if you melt your waterblock,

if your house catches on fire

if it steals your girlfriend

don't say people haven't told you to stay away from via pumps

why doesnt everyone just get a dannermag3 .... its like the best pump for the money!!

e.g. pump sewerage from the stark's pond outside of southpark

as in it should be used to pump water somewhere in the house

"all pumps can be used for in-line application - please note that these are NOT suction pumps - if used in-line, the pump must be installed below the pond water level to guarantee an uninterrupted flow of water "

This is from pondusa.com . Maybe it means that they are for indoor use ?

It probably simply means its not grounded properly for external use? ie safety regulations.

I have lots of faith in mag drive pumps reliability wise, more trust to them than some cheap fan. The noise level is a different story, you hear the difference in quality. Nothing running submerged cant fix.

Back