• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me locate a heatercore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J-Spot

I live in Canada so my best bet so far for locating a heatercore has been Canadian Tire. One problem though is that I want a '77 Bonneville HC and the CT system doesn't have a bonneville until 1987. I'm thinking maybe GM pulled something again and either never sold the bonnie here or sold it under another name (likely a Parisienne but I can't be sure).

Could those of you that have done quite a bit of HC research let me know which vehicles have the proper fedco core for my needs? Right now I'm leaning towards the 10min-moddable one from weapon's guide (2-199).

I just checked the part nos. for the 87 and 77 Bonneville HC and they are the same. The 87 should be OK. There is a different between the w/AC and wo/AC. You can compare part nos for different yrs at www.napaonline.com.

J-Spot said:
I live in Canada so my best bet so far for locating a heatercore has been Canadian Tire. One problem though is that I want a '77 Bonneville HC and the CT system doesn't have a bonneville until 1987. I'm thinking maybe GM pulled something again and either never sold the bonnie here or sold it under another name (likely a Parisienne but I can't be sure).

Could those of you that have done quite a bit of HC research let me know which vehicles have the proper fedco core for my needs? Right now I'm leaning towards the 10min-moddable one from weapon's guide (2-199).

Fedco 2-199
Pontiac Bonneville: W/O AC: 1981-77 All: 1976-71
Pontiac Parisienne: W/O AC: 1989-82
It is used on a lot of different models - most GM cores are like that.

Back