• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best 12v pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greenman100

Disabled
so, my via1300 is leaking like crazy....adding 1 cup of water every other day.

so, I'd like to try a 12v pump...afaik, the only decent ones are the D4 and the MCP600.

What are your thoughts on both? I've searched teh forums, but still want more info.

more specifically, can I get either for cheaper than $75 shipped?

The D4 has 11.5(12'?)ft max head and 372 gals p/hr. 14watts
MCP600 has 10.5ft max head and 185 gals p/hr. 9 watts.
The Swiftech from what I have read is much quieter.
The D4 can be operated at up to 24volts with great performance, but fairly loud or you can use a rheobus to lower the voltage <12 for quieter running.
Cheaper than $75 shipped? Good luck.

Edited for clarification

Last edited:
The Big One said:
don't forget the new small pump C-Systems CSP750

Good point.

I'd only buy one, but they are signifigantly cheaper.

What's the verdict on the anodization?

I have a relatively restrictive WB, but a relative unrestrictive rad. (see sig)

performance equal to the Via would be pleasurable

coolroyboy2 said:
I do , what do you want to know ?

1.) where'd you get it from
2.) how much did you pay
3.) what did it come with, please list all accessories
4.) can you compare its performance ot any other pumps?
5.) anything you may want to add?

I see D-Tek has the black ones on pre-order...color isn't too important for me, is there anywhere I can get one?

I bought mine directly from C-systems before they stoped selling them direct. It was $41 shipped . The pump came with 2 plastic fittings for 1/2in ID tubing and 3 1x1 in.double sided foam tape . I only have 1 other pump and it from a crappy kit I bought used and the csp750 is far better. These pumps are very quiet easy to mount and look good. When I ordered my second pump I asked for a blue one to match the one I have ,I emailed D-tek and they had a new sample that they would sell me .

As far as I know D-dek is the only store to offer these.

I'm running a single pump ,for now ,a chevette HC with a home made lucite shroud 2 80mm panaflo L1A's, Maze4 WB and 1/2in clearflex tubing. My temps are 33.3C from a sensor placed under the WB and 38C reported by sandra with a room temp of 78F now as I type. I have never seen a temp above 42C reported by the sensor or sandra even after a few hours of UT2004.

I got the MCP600 since my hydor began to rattle like crazy. It is an awesome pump. You have to feel it to make sure it is running, it is that quiet. It's great to hook it up to yoru PSU and it doesn't get all that warm to the touch. I wish I would have got the MCP600 instead of the hydor in the first place. I definately sat ro get the MCP600.

i think that they r really good .
from the review Vs Via , we can see that they are close.
but the csp750 is smaller (a lot) and runs on 12V

Back