• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my summer watercooling project (picture heavy)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Giblet Plus!

I was getting a little bored with my current setup so I decided to redo it over the summer.

I've ordered a Laing D4 12V pump from dangerden, and my new Chieftec steel matrix case just came.

fedco 2-342 single pass heatercore and some tubing

1.jpg

Laing D4 pump with 3/4" fittings (should be coming soon)
2.jpg

Chieftec Matrix case, will be painted purple on the outside and white on the inside following this guide (northwestern university colors)

3.jpg

4.jpg

Heatercore will be mounted like so with dual shrouds and four 120x38mm Delta fans (dodgeviper style yo! ;) )

5.jpg

Removing the tubing from the heatercore so I can add my own connections

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

started hacking up the case to hold the heatercore

9.jpg

10.jpg

What I will be making my shroud system with

11.jpg

12.jpg

Looks good so far giblet. I like how your rad has one on the top and one on the bottem (inlets/outlet). Does it make bleeding and filling alot faster? I bet it makes the tubing look alot better, so you don't have one tube running from the top and making sharp bends to the bottem of the case.

I think these types of threads are my favorite because you can see the project start to finish. Looks good so far and you look very organized, can't wait to see whats next!

think it would be possible to get the measurements of the core in millimeters if you arnt to busy?

i was thinking of another project down the road with that core in mind but i wanted to shorten it some .

mmmm

I like the size and location of that core.

Keep those pics coming.

I dunno about your future choice of colors though... :p

Woow

<grabs popcorn

I relly like your current setup man! Given me alot of good ideas. I hope this one will be eaven better:D

Check my homepage link if you want to see my rig. It may interest you as they are quite simlar.

slater..

eXCeSS said:
How much was the rivet gun/rivets?
Looking good :)

I "borrowed" them from my dad. ;)

slater3333uk said:
Check my homepage link if you want to see my rig. It may interest you as they are quite simlar.

I've been following it on bit-tech, it's very professionally done. :)

Soja said:
Ouuuh Dodgeviper style. I thought your case was red giblet?

It is, I bought a new one and will eventually sell the red one.

looks great. Keep the pics coming. Now that the NBA season is over I need someting to keep me busy. I'm about to start another project as well. I'm going to use 3 rads in mine.

Giblet - Looks veryh good. I'm in the middle of building my own system which will be an external box bolted underneath my case, and I'm using the same Heatercore. It's nice, isn't it? Did you flush it with vinegar? I would, it neutralizes all the flux residue from the soldering joints inside. use regular white vinegar, no balsamic or anything.

I'll be posting my pics soon, I look forward to more from you.

BlueMan said:
Did you flush it with vinegar? I would, it neutralizes all the flux residue from the soldering joints inside. use regular white vinegar, no balsamic or anything.

Not yet, but I sure will before I set everything up.

Some more pictures from what I did today:

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

The steel sheet piece will have a matching slot for the other side of the heatercore. I will cut up other pieces that will make it into shrouds with individual chambers for each fan, and use some sort of curved foam to make the transition the fans to the heatercore smoother.

Gonna be interesting getting that big mofo heatercore into the case. Goodluck (in a non sarcastic way)

Back