• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling and V1100 need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toorude

Registered
I bought the V1100B Lian Li and am not sure just yet how to go with my watercooling setup and was hoping to hit some of you up for ur imagination and experience. Im thinking about getting a swifty kit but also get an additional 120mm by black ice to replace the 120 on the back of the case. Since I dont have the parts Im not sure how the rest will fit, but im pretty sure Im going to need to drill in some area for that other 80mm. My thought was to drill into the bottom under the second row of harddrive bays shown here but then Im worried about having the radiators so far apart and on such different levels. From your look at this case id really appreciate any ideas that come to mind involving placement of the radiators or other parts.... oh ya there was one other idea is it possible i could mod the door and place a dual 120 radiator onto the door with 2 drill holes for the pipes? thats about it, thanks for your time everyone

Beautiful case.
The first place I would try would be the space intended for the PSU.
Looks to be room for both a rad and a pump.
Keeps any potential leaks below the rest of the components, too.

Move the PSU forward into the HDD bays ( I assume they are removable?).
You'd have to fab a power cord for the PSU, but that's not hard.

Welcome to the forums.
Ahhh lucky one, you got your hands on a case everyone is looking for in Europe ;)
You definitely have some space in bottom front, for one big heater core or 1x120mm-like rad. Look at this thread for ideas:
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=2843296&postcount=22
- it's about the V2000 but we plan to put twin heater cores in it, in your case you can still put one in front under the 5.1/4" bays. You'll have to remove the 3.1/2" bays, of course. Put the rad in front, with fan sucking air into the case, the pump in place of 3.1/2" bays, well almost like the schematics i posted about the V2000 but you see my point ;)

never would have thought about switching the placement of the psu but that actually sounds pretty good. just wondering how the air flow will be, guess id mount it so the hot air would go right out the bottom of the case. thanks for the advice so far deffinately gave me some more to think about

Rude,
I think you'll find that as you mod, especially as you try to incorporate a subsystem as complex and bulky as watercooling, that throwing out your basic assumptions right at the beginning will take you further, faster.

I've mounted PSUs upside down, in the lower front, in the top front and even externally.

Really, NO component has to go in it's traditional location if you are willing to figure out a way to relocate it properly.

New, and potentially superior, configurations are possible once you decide to go for broke.

hey man i have the brother of your case, the v1000b

from my experience packing a lot of watercooling gear into a tight space, I would say the best/easiest way to mod this case is to hand a double (or single i guess..) heatercore from the top front, so the barbs are pointing down at the video card. there's plenty of space up there for the double heatercore, and it should cool really well. the pump can sit under the optical drives, at the main area/Hdd divider, or wherever really. mounting the pump is usually pretty easy ;)

have fun and post pics :)

This is my first time delving into the watercooling ordeal and I havnt really spent much time experimenting with my previous computers as far as modding goes, so im slowly learning that thinking outside the box (no pun intended) is deffinately a good thing. you have a good point crime I was actually looking at some of the Innovatech dual 120s to cut out an area for it on the top front as ive seen some others on this forum do. Ill be sure and post pics as I get all the parts in and begin installation. thanks again

I need some help now deciding whether or not the Cuplex Evo Revision 1.1 by Aquacomputers is worth the 100 bucks or if the Swiftech block performs just as well. hmm well maybe ill post this in its own thread later if it doesnt get seen here

Ok so my main question is that the swift 6002 block says its all C110 Copper and the main point of the Cuplex Rev 1.1 is that its 99.9% copper but doesnt say what type. does anyone know the cooling properties of each?

toorude, there's no point spending $100 on a waterblock. judging by the name I'm assuming it's one of the european 'micro blocks'?

best value is a good block from DangerDen, Swiftech or DTek Customs.

Heck, I only paid $50 for my cascade :p

heh alright thats all i needed to hear, ill stick with getting the swift6002 block then, thanks

Back