• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ive got a few final watercooling questions!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sun_tzu617

If i have a BIX with the 2 120mm fans.... how do i mount it if i only have 80 mm fan mounts....
I dont have to cut my case do I?
IF i do, what do i need to cut it.... maybe a site or article to help me cut a case correctly....
If i do cut my case...i will need fan grills too huh? Unless i do it in the front panel of my case...

I think i forgot one... but i cnat remeber which.... :mad:

oh well..... ill find it later...
thanks...

edit: ^^, DD beat me to it

cutting is the best solution..
if u really don't want to, u can buy a 120mm to 80mm adapter from like svc.com for 2-3 bucks. This will restrict flow a bit, but it'll work.
if u want to cut out a space, simply cut out a 120mm hole (with a holesaw or dremel) then drill 4 holes for mounting it. take a look in the sticky for pictures of rigs.

i think ill go with the converter.... if i get a shiney new case, and nice internal paint job....i dont want to cut a hole in it.... besides, its messy, its easy to mes up, i dont have any tools..... and im pretty sure that there wont be too much a diff in temp.... or will there be?

so basically im gonna have a filter/fan adapter/fan/shroud?
thats gonna be interesting....i can imagie the size of the screws ill need! :D
WHERE THE HELL AM I GONNA GET THE SCREWS!!

use normal screws. screw the bix to the shroud, fan to shroud, adapter to fan, adapter to the case. already restricting the flow with the adapter, the filter will make it worst i beleive.

Back