• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

now i see why NBs can be water cooled...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkDraco

shortly after taking my bim2 out of my main case (my only intake fans for the case), i noticed my zalman NB cooler was burning!! was wondering if my GPU loop could handle a block for my NB. my GPU loop is floppy res > hydor l20 > BIM2 > radeon maze4. could i fit in a maze4 NB without killing my card?

yeah man, the nforce2 nb produces so little heat you'd barely notice it in that loop. get the maze4chipset block for very little restriction and you shouldn't notice a difference on water temps :)

alrighty... ordering one soon =)

btw, can a hot NB cause instability?

that explains why my folding crashes.... time to get a new block =)

m4chp_luc_lrg1.jpg

thats for the NB right?
know where i can get one lower that 40$?

DarkDraco said:
know where i can get one lower that 40$?

There is a good 1/3"ID 1/2"OD block by Swiftech. It is the MCW20-A. I use the pentium version which is the same block with different fasteners. It works very well. You can also purchase 1/2"ID quick connects for it. it sells for about $33 on their site. www.swiftnets.com

I spent a few hours yesterday looking for chipset waterblocks , I was almost sold on the swiftechs but after adding the 1/2 inch fittings it ends up the same price as the maze 4.

slap a waterblock with 1/2" ID fittings and an 80w pelt on that n.bridge and it shall never be hot again. worked for me - mine stays around 0 deg C with some decent overvolting. :)

If you get the copper for the block and coldplate off of onlinemetals.com, the pelt & insulation off of ebay and the fittings from a local mom and pop auto store, you can build a n.bridge waterblock with pelt + insulation for about $20. From there, you are just a little dremel and torch action away from having a chilly chipeset. :D

note: the craptacular plexi hold-down was quickly hacked out of 1/4" plexi for testing - it has been replaced with a newer version that is much more pleasing to the eye...
nbridgersd.jpg

weapon said:
slap a waterblock with 1/2" ID fittings and an 80w pelt on that n.bridge and it shall never be hot again. worked for me - mine stays around 0 deg C with some decent overvolting. :)

man you just nuts, i didnt think that the NB got that hot. pelt, hehehe too cool, but also a little too crazy for me :D

jenkx said:
There is a good 1/3"ID 1/2"OD block by Swiftech. It is the MCW20-A. I use the pentium version which is the same block with different fasteners. It works very well. You can also purchase 1/2"ID quick connects for it. it sells for about $33 on their site. www.swiftnets.com

I have a Swiftech NB cooler. It works very well. However:

This would apply to pretty much all NB block, as they will all pretty much have to lock into those tiny hooks. NB that have a small core will need small pads to help redistribute the pressure. Still, be very careful when installing it. I had a very hard time pressing the spring clips to get in the hooks without applying too much pressure on the NB core. I actually started hearing some little crunch sounds at some point: crunched ceramic from one corner of the NB... Fortunately not enough to damage anything, but still... Be careful.

Back