• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Global WIN Silent Stream Water cooling kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As far as "kits" or pre-built watercooling goes...

I would look at Koolance products as being one of the few viable options.

[KX3]rAge said:
any mid range air cooling can beat this kit easily
one of the worst kits available
well man show me some fans that will beat that with some heat sink fo 70-80

Get the SP-97 for socket A for sure, and the the fan is your choice
it all depends on how concerned you are about noise/cooling ratio

Funny thing is that water kit is perfect for a SFF setup. It will fit inside a SFF case and beat any air setup. Otherwise that water kit isn't very good, you can build so much better.

that kit is garbage. i have seen 2 of them up close in akihabara and the systems they where demo on had internet access so while none was looking i DLd cpu id and mbm5 , installed them ( they really should protect thier demo systems better) and checked the temps . for non over clocked systems the temps where in the 50s ( thats at idle to 6% process as i only opend those 2 progs and ie explorer)

Ri0 said:
Funny thing is that water kit is perfect for a SFF setup. It will fit inside a SFF case and beat any air setup. Otherwise that water kit isn't very good, you can build so much better.
I ahte to argue with you but you are completly wrong in saying that this could still beat any air setup. No matter what case it's in just about every high end air cooling system can beat this kit. However there are many factors that could swing it either way, but I don't think you can be justified in saying it will beat any air solution

[KX3]rAge said:
I ahte to argue with you but you are completly wrong in saying that this could still beat any air setup. No matter what case it's in just about every high end air cooling system can beat this kit. However there are many factors that could swing it either way, but I don't think you can be justified in saying it will beat any air solution

Give me a better air solution in a SFF case (ie shuttle XPC)with out blocking any PCI slots or the HDD cages.

The sff systems already come with a heatpipe that is connected to a heatsink and fan on the back already. And with the current setup that they have in there nothing gets blocked. Its just a little cramped.

ice.jpg

Figure-24.jpg

this thing, (appears on all the v2.0 -G4's), WILL outperform the globalwin system

just flip the 80mm fan around in any shuttle sff and you'll see what i mean

yeah, and i own both a SN85G4 and a SB61G2 V3.0

and i bet ya with a 40 celcius load in my SN85G4, you can't touch it with a "silentstream"

look, you know how bad a "thermaltake aquarius" kit performs right?

and now, if you think about all the *good* things about the aquarius, like the all copper construction, ceramic bearing pump+res, dual pass radiator, etc

take away ALL of them

and that's where you're left with with this "silentstream"

besides the $80 price tag i can't see ANYTHING good with this thing

fafnir said:
yeah, and i own both a SN85G4 and a SB61G2 V3.0

and i bet ya with a 40 celcius load in my SN85G4, you can't touch it with a "silentstream"

look, you know how bad a "thermaltake aquarius" kit performs right?

and now, if you think about all the *good* things about the aquarius, like the all copper construction, ceramic bearing pump+res, dual pass radiator, etc

take away ALL of them

and that's where you're left with with this "silentstream"

besides the $80 price tag i can't see ANYTHING good with this thing

My point was that it out performs the stock cooling in the shuttle AMDs models, did you check out the link? I'm not buying the Globalwin, and I posted before you can make a much better setup. I just wanted to point out that if you really wanted a water cooling setup in your SFF that will fit completely inside the case without interfearing with anything it would work. If it drops the temp on an AMD CPU by 10C in a SFF, then there may be some interest in it. Again, I'm not buying it.

the ideal setup i've seen so far for them shuttles is twin 80mm radiators mounted through the fan hole, with one of them upside down and both of them facing inward; the fan is sandwiched in between;

the setup was one of the first i've seen to watercool the cpu, vga, and the northbridge;

used 1/4 tubing, fan exhausts out, single 80mm fan mounted on the fan hole with the second rad right after that with a fan guard right after, whole thing sticks out quite a bit

back then it had a r9700aiw, and with a p4, the setup did 47-50 load, both the radiators were from aquarius kits;

strange stuff

so if the best setup i've seen used TWO aquarius radiators,

maybe two thermalchill 80.1 would be a bit more ideal; or maybe even the 92.1's with the new 915 chipset shuttles

i don't know

_

Back