• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance EXOS vs. Cooler Master Aquagate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CircuitBreaker8 said:
What can I get for 200$?

Remember; Those prebuilt systems don't include waterblocks so you will end up spending more than $200 reguardless.

Try this:

• Black Ice Pro 120mm Radiator with 1/2”OD quick Connects from www.cooltechnica.com for $43.99

• MCW6000-P Intel P4 CPU Water Block from www.swiftnets.com for $39.99

• MCW20-P Chipset water-Block for (Northbridge Cooling) From www.swiftnets.com $32.50

• MCW50 VGA Water block with ½” OD quick-connect fittings from www.swiftnets.com $38.95

• Swiftech MCP-600 Pump from www.crazypc.com for $74.95

• MCP600 Adapter kit to 1/2”OD from www.swiftnets.com $4.50

Go to the local Home Depot for a foot of 1/2'”ID tubing and about 4feet of 1/3”ID tubing for about $10 to $15 and purchase a 120mm fan from someplace for about $10 and you have your self a pretty good system for about $260. You could go without the chipset water-block and save 32.50 for a total of about $230. Either way you will save over getting one of those prebuilt systems which do not include waterblocks. Pulse you will have a better system and experience the fun of doing it yourself.

If you search around the net you will find different parts for different prices. Pair up the parts you want for the price you want and you'll be very happy.

jenkx said:
Remember; Those prebuilt systems don't include waterblocks so you will end up spending more than $200 reguardless.

Try this:

• Black Ice Pro 120mm Radiator with 11/2”OD quick Connects from www.coolticnica.com for $43.99

• MCW20-P Chipset water-Block for (Northbridge Cooling) From www.swiftnets.com $32.50

• MCW50 VGA Water block with ½” OD quick-connect fittings from www.swiftnets.com $38.95

Go to the local Home Depot for a foot of 1/2'”ID tubing and about 4feet of 1/3”ID tubing for about $10 to $15 and purchase a 120mm fan from someplace for about $10 and you have your self a pretty good system for about $260. You could go without the chipset water-block and save 32.50 for a total of about $230. Either way you will save over getting one of those prebuilt systems which do not include waterblocks. Pulse you will have a better system and experience the fun of doing it yourself.

If you search around the net you will find different parts for different prices. Pair up the parts you want for the price you want and you'll be very happy.

Awesome helpful post :thup:

For tubing, get the high quality stuff, clearflex60 from www.mcmaster.com search for part # 5231K237. 65 cents a foot too.

Also you could leave out the chipset block or vga block and just aircool those and you could cut the price pretty dramatically.

jenkx said:
Not true.
The Colermaster DOES come with a waterblock.
It looks nice enough, but never having used the system I don't know how well it works.

eXCeSS said:
Awesome helpful post :thup:

For tubing, get the high quality stuff, clearflex60 from www.mcmaster.com search for part # 5231K237. 65 cents a foot too.

Also you could leave out the chipset block or vga block and just aircool those and you could cut the price pretty dramatically.

Well I dont need a chipset one, but I do want a GPU one. Thanks guys! So this would be better than the cooler master?

CircuitBreaker8 said:
Also, I have a Cooler Master PAC case which is a midtower, where would I fit all of this?

It will all fit inside of a Midtower. You can also get smaller Radiators. The Black Ice Mini and the Swiftech MCR80 use 80mm fans.

CircuitBreaker8 said:
How would this compare to a SP94 with a high RPM fan?

I've never used an SP94 so I can't intelligently compare it to water. I can say this. Water looks cooler :cool: and is quieter. You will get just as good if not better results with water.

jenkx said:

Try this:

• Black Ice Pro 120mm Radiator with 1/2”OD quick Connects from www.cooltechnica.com for $43.99

replace the black ice with an '89 caprice core. core costs about 25$, 1/2" fitting cost about 1$ each

as for the cpu water block, get the 6002 from swiftech.

get a maze4 for the gpu. and if u have money get the silverprop i think its called. its the best gpu block.

for the pump, get the danner mag drive model 3. its 40$ at petsmart or at ereef.com. again, 1$ for each fitting.

first of all, the exos isn't bad at all, it WILL be as good as the high-end air cooling assuming a proper job and in a typical case

when the review sites compare the high end air to the water, they always do the air in an open case doesn't reflect the conditions that the heatsink will be used;

e.g. case temp = 35 celcius, air temp = 25 celcius

what they DO need to do is to have the thing mounted in a case CLOSED, maybe with an air duct, and then compare

the koolance exos isn't bad at all, its just there can be better things

an asetek waterchill kit would not outperform a koolance kit if the installation job wasn't proper, e.g. without the rad mounted to take in COLD air

where the exos will ALWAYS take in cold air

and the koolance is not cheap either

(neither is the asetek waterchill)

to actually out perform the koolance, you need something like:

the caprice TWIN 120mm radiator that darkdraco is talking about

a high pressure pump system, e.g. TWO CSP-750's from dtekcustoms.com

and a TDX or MCW6002 or other similar better waterblocks

the exos may not be a high flow / low restriction system, but it does indeed have a *huge* radiator and also TWO pumps, in a series

and also the tubing is a lot easier to work with

while providing one of the easier install jobs

but it isn't the best performing kit, or as cheap as some other stuff

i would say that without a proper case and a dual or tripple 120mm radiator, you're unlikely to have a setup that would outperform the koolance exos

such as a thermochill 120.3 for > $100 or a caprice heatercore or something for 30$

an 80mm radiator should definitely be avoided unless you have no other choices, e.g. watercooled shuttle xpc or something

My case is a midtower...i have two 80mm fans in front, one in the back, and one on top. I guess I could use the front two to cool the rad, but a i need a dual 80mm radiator....would those cool good?

no, anything less than a 120mm radiator will struggle to keep up with the best air stuff (assuming open case or proper duct) without the silence you're looking for

even the 120mm stuff is still pretty bad, though it will be able to keep up with a sp-94 or something

if you're looking for the best, you might want to start either thinking about a new case or an external box or something

a huge radiator IS what makes water better than air, and no matter how great the waterblock, the radiator IS the deciding factor, the mark of quality, the final word

i can beat everyone's best waterblock designs here using by using a bigger radiator than them

i can beat cathar and his cascade, macci with his compressor, 500 people from japan and their liquid nitrogen with a bigger radiator ( oh yeah, and a 5000 watt heat load )

ANYONE, as long as i've got a bigger radiator

so yes, you also need a bigger radiator

forget all the waterblock comparisons you've ever seen, forget all the different pumps and their flow charts, forget what diameter tubing you're going to use

get two caprice heatercores and you're as good as the best

get four to be better than the best

though i don't think four radiators would fit anywhere

its all the size and so on, what you would fit and where

but bigger = more surface area

and more surface area = better

Back