• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

would this work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
Alright, so I made a waterchiller out of an old dehumidifier and an ice chest/cooler thing.

So, there's enough room for a motherboard and the evap in the cooler. I was thinking of just using the cooler as my case, like put the mobo in the ice chest and put a fan on the evap and seal it up. Like with a heatsink and fan on the cpu.

There wouldn't be and condensation on my computer parts, and it should stay cold in the chest, right?

I realise it might not be as cold as using it like a waterchiller, but that's fine with me aslong as there's no condensation.

What do you think?

It might work, but why would you? Stopping condensation is easy, and the gap in temps will be very large. I see no reason not to chill the water. It is basically a free large drop in temps...

I think you would still have a lot of trouble with condensation if you put the mobo in the cooler. It would work ok if you totally sealed off the cooler so no air got in or out at all, but this is hard to do with all the cables and junk that need to be hooked up. I would say it is easier to prevent condensation (or frost) just using a chiller.

Back