• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling Reloaded [56k I feel sorry for you]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Turd Furguson

Well about a month ago my NF7-S crapped out on me and I tore down my watercooling to get my rig apart. Unfortunately the water turned blue evidently from a copper ion that is present in the water. I have since washed everything several times and have been waiting for my NF7-S to come back from RMA. I do not have the CPU block tubes attached the correct way as the angle was too sharp for my generic tubing. I will have to wait and see how bad the temps are. (The last pic illustrates the tight turn. :-/) The case is still on its side to help get rid of the bubbles faster.

Before:

final.JPG

As you can see everything was crammed in there. I do not fully have my system back together but I gave myself more room for when I expand my cooling.

After

darkwatercooling.JPG

bright_watercooling.JPG

cpublock.JPG

pumpbay.JPG

tline.JPG

topview.JPG

(stupid swear filter found a bad water in bright_watercooling [remove the underscore] so I had to edit my link.)

I wanted the MCP600 for compact size. I have no room for a Eheim and didn't want a Hydor. I needed something that ran off DC and this was my best option. I also read that the TC4 likes a lot of turbulence and I thought that MCP600 could provide the low GPH but high head.

My BIX runs great. I noticed no difference in making the pump to be forced to go thru my radiator.........then thru the bottom of the WB and back to the pump.

Temps are right on par like they were b4 I changed the setup. I am 37*C load at 1.5v with a 2500+ Mobile Barton on my NF7-S @ 2ghz. I am running F@H as my stress program. Running with a BIX shroud and a Vantec Stealth 120mm.

Now if I can ever get my finances under control I am getting a GPU waterblock.

Well I got a little more tidying up before I show you guys some final pictures. I will put my huge UV light next to the wire for a treat. Temps are doing much better this way than my previous setup. Seems like I had everything routed wrong.

Back