• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I get better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Personlly i would go with parts from dangerden. Remove hdd rack, fit a 1x120mm heater core in the front with two fans/shrouds in a push pull config. Put the hard drives in the 3 1/2" bays and use a external usb floppy drive if you need a floppy drive hat is (thats what i did).My case is simlar and i fitted a black ice extreme on the back as well.

I'd get what fafnir recommended except I'd use an '86 chevette heater core (like ~$20 at autozone or napa autoparts) AND I'd get the D-tek WW instead of the DD TDX which is a modified RBX and the RBX is a copy of the WW. The WW STILL performs better than either DD block although it can be argued that they're equal.

::Edit:: Be sure to use push/pull 120mm evercool fans with dual shrouds.

jlin453 said:
There are better fans than the 120mm evercools. If you have the room, use 38mm thick 120mm fans.
All the 38mm thick 120mm fans I have used create a good bit of engine noise, so even at low speeds they're loud. My 120mm evercool has NO DETECTABLE engine noise. He wants silence, so I recommended the evercools.

Cyrix_2k said:
All the 38mm thick 120mm fans I have used create a good bit of engine noise, so even at low speeds they're loud. My 120mm evercool has NO DETECTABLE engine noise. He wants silence, so I recommended the evercools.

Reason I posted that is because I've had two 120mm evercools before and I'm more satisfied with my two 38mm thick, 120mm Sanyo Denki's.

These are the fans I'm talking about, and they've been recommended by SSS for quite some time:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3462874257&category=3673

A search on this topic results in a couple of threads that talk about these. They're rated at 108cfm @ 36dba. I know the evercool's are rated at <30dba, but if you listened to them at 12V you'll know that they were fibbing.

jlin453 said:
Reason I posted that is because I've had two 120mm evercools before and I'm more satisfied with my two 38mm thick, 120mm Sanyo Denki's.

These are the fans I'm talking about, and they've been recommended by SSS for quite some time:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3462874257&category=3673

A search on this topic results in a couple of threads that talk about these. They're rated at 108cfm @ 36dba. I know the evercool's are rated at <30dba, but if you listened to them at 12V you'll know that they were fibbing.
Yeah, the evercool's are quite loud at 12v, but I always ran mine around 5v. And just for the record, I'm currently using a 38mm thick 120mm Y.S. Tech fan rated at 120+ CFM.

Cyrix_2k said:
I'd get what fafnir recommended except I'd use an '86 chevette heater core (like ~$20 at autozone or napa autoparts) AND I'd get the D-tek WW instead of the DD TDX which is a modified RBX and the RBX is a copy of the WW. The WW STILL performs better than either DD block although it can be argued that they're equal.

::Edit:: Be sure to use push/pull 120mm evercool fans with dual shrouds.

what you said is wrong. the TDX and RBX can out perform the WW. plus the TDX and RBX do not have the cracking problem that the WW has on its top, but if you get a hard top from DD its made from brass, so thats one thing they got over the WW hard top.

thegame said:
what you said is wrong. the TDX and RBX can out perform the WW. plus the TDX and RBX do not have the cracking problem that the WW has on its top, but if you get a hard top from DD its made from brass, so thats one thing they got over the WW hard top.
The WW only has a cracking problem with the clear top, which you don't HAVE to get. Also, the WW DOES outperform the RBX.

wbcompare_s.jpg

Back