• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to find the copper cube radiators??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zork

Anyone know of any websites that still sell copper cube style radiators like the danger den cube or the Be-cooling Aquacoil? Only one I have found so far is the one that cool-computers sells and was hopeing to beat the price. I know they are not the best radiators but it will actually be used as a condensor in a phase change loop, I currently use an Aquacoil but am in need of another or something simular... Any help would be great.

Yeah, I know.
The one thing I like about this over the ebay one is that when on it's side, inlet at the top, outlet at the bottom, there's no pooling of your refrigerant oil or droplets of refrigerant. If your coils make more than one pass it might be a problem.
Notice how it's layed out in airconditioners with the pressure tube going into the top and the coils make a single pass downward to the cap tube.

It may not be a problem in a small setup (with less oil than say a 5 ton unit), but then again, it might. I'm not an expert or anything....just uncommon sense.

I wouldn't say they were better, a heatercore would probably spank them.
Restriction isn't that big of deal with the pumps out these days, but you cannot beat the area of the water to metal that an HC has.

Diggrr said:
you cannot beat the area of the water to metal that an HC has.

You sure about that?

radiator7.jpg

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=265588

:p

Man appreciate all the replies, found this one, looks like it might do the trich, but still studying its design. Looks to be brazed, but dont know for sure how the refrigerant paths go, remember you want the refrigerant to flow from top to bottom since it is condensing from gas to liquid, but heres the link anyways. http://www.thecardcooler.com/shopcart/clearance_items/clearance_items.html

Maxxpert would serve well but cant find anywere in the US that still sells them?

squeakygeek said:
You sure about that?

Well, I'd thought we were talking about one's that easily fit in the case :cool:
I'd like to see your 750mm panaflo for that baby!

I was down at Waste Management's repair garage, and was absolutely in awe of a garbage truck radiator they had sitting against a shelf...5 feet high, 3.5 feet wide, and 8 inches thick, copper and brass...a tad bit overkill, to say the least, but wow!

Too bad they wouldn't part with it (not that I could have lifted it) :cry:

Back