• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible prometeia problems. Please help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

I was running a 2.4C M0 @ -20's under full load and the evap (LCD) temps were in the -30's.

Today I put in a better 2.4C M0 that clocks higher but it's running at +14°C load and evap temps are at about -3°C and rising.

Also, a wierd whistling noise is coming from the compressor. What could be the problem?? :temper:

Please help!

Damn, LCD temps avobe zero now (+3.3) , CPU is at +20 degrees.

When the computer is off, the LCD gors back down to -47.

I shut down the computer but left the prommy on and the temps dropped FAST back down to -36°C.

Gas leak?

I'm gonna say it sounds like a leak. Sounds to me like you broke something open when you were moving around the evap head.

If what you are saying is true, can a refrigeration shop fix it? And regass it while they're at it?

Yes, they should be able to as long as they can find the leak. They'll just have to braze it shut and recharge it.

I'm not sure that's what it is, but it seems like it to me.

You have verified that your cpu contact is good, correct. Also do you appear to be getting lower temps without a pc hooked up then you were before, if so definite gas leak. Hmm whisteling, could be that you have a leak on the low side and it is actually sucking in air, which is not a good thing with POE oil used with r134a !!!

its definitly a leak...same thing happened to mine....i have to get it fixed too....but right now im away from home so ill do it when i get a chance....

Well, I cut the insulation open and found the crack. Took it to the refridge shop and they soldered it and regassed it. Without any load at all, the evap goes down to -47 to -49 degrees. But when the prommie is cooling my CPU at load, then the evap temps go way up to about -10 degrees. I guess they need to put a bit more gas in.

Anyone know how much to put in? Is it easy to simply add some R134a or does it have to be emptied and recharged?

Right now my 2.4C is at default Vcore (1.525) @ 275 FSB running at about -18 and evap is about -27's. However, when I up the voltage to 1.65, then evap goes to like +3 degrees and CPU goes to like +10.

This is an indication of not enough gas, right? Questions is, how much exactly do I need.

check the fans on the unit , make sure there spinning fast, fans on all brands of evap units like vapochill or mach I, mach II units. Ive replaced the fans on all 3 of mine... as well as the fan controllers, there cheap tawain pcb, with a simple power converter that you can find at your local hardware store...

opps saw your last post, yah sounds like your gas levels are a little high, only way to truly test it, is under full load, while the CPU is running. When I regassed my phase change systems to R504 and R404, I ran prime95, while I had my uncle in law ( an AC guy) adjusting levels to find the best "zone"

If your A/C guys didn't I would have them braze you a schrader valve onto the factor fill line that way you can add/remove your own gas.

Back