• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New PolarFLO blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If they are as performant as their previous 'monochrome' offerings, they are excellent indeed.
When waterblocks become fashion accessories...

On a side note, i'd still steer clear from alu tops, anodized or not. Do they make *real* copper tops for their blocks ?

no, they are all alu i believe. It does not perform great, but not horible, better than external kits I believe. Anyway, not everyone gets into wcing for performance benefits/ ocing.

Anyway, not everyone gets into wcing for performance benefits/ ocing.

The sad truth is a good portion of the people that buy watercooling (and many other computer components) do so to be cool or have something to talk about. It's sad that 90% of the worlds computing power is wasted on AOL and Solitaire everyday.

edit - forgot to comment on polarflo :p i think that they make some of the best looking blocks but i have a major problem with companies that spend more on looks than effectiveness. i mean a waterblock has one purpose to exist, cool a heatsource. how can they spend so much time on appearance when the performance is subpar. if apple stopped trying to make their computer look like a stupid piece of art and make it a kickass computer they might nab more than 1% of the market. but then again they have proved to make dumb mistakes over and over.

Last edited:
Quote:
Anyway, not everyone gets into wcing for performance benefits/ ocing.

Unfortunately there are idiots like that out there
What's wrong with simply treating watercooling as another method of keeping your PC running?

its a waste of money, and you can get silent air solutions if you are talking about noise...

its either used for greater performance, or as a fad, like those pipe tips people put on their civics or neons.....

hes right you know (not about the mac part tho ;))

if you want to use watercooling just to keep your pc running, please send paypal to [email protected] , its obviously a waste of money (same as those FKs who buy a suburban or land rover just to get to work every day.)

very very possible cathar....... i did play that game a bit, and probably ventured online but not for a long period of time

The blocks look cool. But like everyone has said, a water block is not worth jack if it does not cool well. Noise reduction is one thing. But to put water in a computer just to reduce noise if pretty risky. The main reason for water in computer is to reduce heat for added performance. Anything else such as noise reduction is a good byproduct.

infinity9 said:
Unfortunately there are idiots like that out there. Well wait a minute. I guess I'm actually happy there are idiots like that cause they help pay my salary. Only problem is when I try to drive home its like I'm on frogger trying to hop my way through the sea of idiots.

Sorry it just struck me wrong. The sad truth is a good portion of the people that buy watercooling (and many other computer components) do so to be cool or have something to talk about. It's sad that 90% of the worlds computing power is wasted on AOL and Solitaire everyday.

edit - forgot to comment on polarflo :p i think that they make some of the best looking blocks but i have a major problem with companies that spend more on looks than effectiveness. i mean a waterblock has one purpose to exist, cool a heatsource. how can they spend so much time on appearance when the performance is subpar. if apple stopped trying to make their computer look like a stupid piece of art and make it a kickass computer they might nab more than 1% of the market. but then again they have proved to make dumb mistakes over and over.

Do you realize how much of a jerk you sound like? Who cares if they do it for fun, and not for top performance. You try to act as if you're better than "90% " of other people, but to me you are just the opposite.

Fallguy, some people cannot understand the 'fun'.. They get old quicker than other people too... For example, for those people racing a car for fun is a total waste of time and money (i talk by experience ;) )

jenkx said:
The blocks look cool. But like everyone has said, a water block is not worth jack if it does not cool well. Noise reduction is one thing. But to put water in a computer just to reduce noise if pretty risky. The main reason for water in computer is to reduce heat for added performance. Anything else such as noise reduction is a good byproduct.
Well it shows you're far away from Germany. There watercooling is (for more than 90% of people) the best way to get a silent PC. And it's the first, and sometimes only reason to go watercooling, for them. That's why their systems are low performing, but small, and with an emphasis on silence: small pumps, small tubes, small waterblocks, and few undervolted quiet fans, or very frequently now, passive cooling (zalmann, etc..).

Back