• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do Heatercores Work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaso

Hey there

I just got my new dual 120mm Heatcore and i a rather puzzled, i can see on visible pipes or any way that the water can circulate from one barb to the other, obevously it does but i am quite perplexed on how it works

Anyone care to enlighten me?

i was going to post the same exact thread, word for word pretty much....i also dont understand how my fedco 2-342 water gets from one side to the other :s just dont make sence to me.

There are thin tubes that carry the water around between the folded fins.

In the following picture you can clearly make out the tubes:

seethru.jpg

I should add that a tube is really a flat rectangle, typically about 1mm high x 10mm wide. In the heater-core above, there are two parallel sets of tubes, but from either side it just looks like one tube. The water flows down one half (7 x 2 tubes), through the tank at the bottom, and up the other half (7x2 tubes).

Even though the tubes look thin, and they are, when you have so many they are not flow restristive. There's about 140mm^2 of tubing area for the water to flow through, which is about the same amount of area for the water to flow through as a 5/8" barb offers.

Back